3

Later that day...

After Fatima left work, she went home to shower and change before heading to Danni's house. Since then, Danni had created a list of back ups, plans b & c's and just incase scenarios for the first 2 hours but Fatima just let her talk it out and get it off her chest.

They had finally settled down and were laid out on the king size bed in the guest room watching Snapped and eating pepperoni pizza, wings and breadsticks.

"We are not supposed to be doing this fat shit hours before your wedding" Fatima chuckles, dipping her slice of pizza in ranch. Danni just shrugged, popping a can of Pepsi. "Eh, if it's meant to be, we'll fit them dresses. If not?" she tossed the can back, taking a gulp and shrugging again. Fatima looked over at her, holding her mouth. "Poor Preston..after all these years he still love your crazy ass" she laughed making Danni smile "Yeah..the beginning was rough..rough as hell..rough as fuck! but that's my baby"

"I love y'all..i've been team Deston since forever cause you used to give my boy such a hard time.." Fatima shook her head.

"And look at what that shit did for me" Danni said, throwing her hands up and looking around the room "Nah forreal" they shared a laugh together "That man changed me T and he's still changing me in all the best ways..Like..the way I think and shit. It was scary at first but you and mama told me to pray about it, sit back and just live. Best decision of my life"

Fatima looked at her friend, glowing and beaming so much love."If only you could take your own advice..." she tilted her head at Fatima.

Fatima's eyes dropped when Danni looked at her. The sweet expression on her face changed to annoyed. "I have taken my own advice Monae"

"HA!" Danni laughed out loud "How? No. Please..explain to me how".

Fatima smacked her lips turning to her friend. "Im chilling..I'm sitting back and enjoying life..letting God do-"

"And fucking on niggas. Don't play with me Fatima"

"First of all bitch, there's no S!" She turned her head to face the tv and folded her arms. "and it's one." She held up her index finger. "One nigga"

"Yeah and that ain't your nigga which means it's hoe shit. You cleared your roster, is what you saying?"

Fatima's head snapped around making them both laugh. "See bitch!!"

"No, Danni honestly. Their still around but they don't be around, Like I don't see them like that anymore. It's just been Jhalen" Fatima said, sipping her drink. Danni nodded. "Okay..so will he be your plus one?" Fatima shook her head "See, that? I don't know. Some of my family is coming, your family is my second family and uhh, nah. I don't know" she said, shaking her head

"He asked the question the other night too"

Danni jumped back "Again!?" Fatima just nodded "Yeah. that's the second time this month"

"Fatima" Danni laughed, confused. "So what's the answer? What are y'all doing?" Fatima looked at her blankly before her eyes searched around the room "What you do mean?" Danni smacked her lips "Fuck you mean what I mean?"

Fatima rolled her eyes and took a deep breath "Talk"

"Like...he'll ask and then I just politely remind him that we both were in this because we didn't want anything serious but we didn't wanna see other people but now he's literally asking every night we're together and it's aggravating as fuck" she folded her arms. "Okay..so could he not want more than that? Is it so bad somebody wants love you Fatima?"

"That's not what I'm saying Danni and no. ofcourse not but I just don't see him that way. There is something that sets him apart from the roster or whatever but nothing that makes me wanna leap into a relationship"

"Nobody said you had to leap into anything..you not even trying with that boy"

Fatima didn't say anything. She knew her friend was right. She wasn't giving Jhalen a chance.

"I don't know sissy" she sighed "I think I'm just hanging around, thinking maybe what's missing in him will just show up one day..I can't explain it. He's a good guy. Sweet. Caring but it's something that just isn't there..." Fatimas voice trailed off before they heard a male voice from the hallway.

"Aye yo Pres! She's up here!!"
Fatima made a confused face, she reached for her purse on the night stand making Danni laugh "Girl stop, your criminal ass! Thats Preston's best man"

"Oh cause it was about to be a mess on your staircase"

*knock knock*

"It's just me" he said, his hand covering his eyes.

"Boy we not naked" Danni said rolling her eyes. "We"? He asked, slowly removing his eyes, peeping through his fingers.

"Oh wow. The beautiful coffee shop lady with the smart mouth" he smiled, all of his white teeth showing.

"Excuse me?" Fatima asked with a curious look on her face. Danni looked between them and smacked her lips. "Oh yeah. Y'all never officially met" Danni said getting off the bed. She straightened her shorts and stretched "Booked meet Busy...now, I'm going to see my man. Behave in my damn room Fatima...Zachary" she said sizing him up before leaving out the room. She doubled back, making sure the door was wide open.

Fatima just rolled her eyes making Zac laugh "But we have met, the other morning" He said, walking further into the room. "Yes. We did but this is different. You're at my best friends house. So" she sat up, throwing her legs over the edge of the bed.

"How do you know my sister?" asked Fatima, as she cocked her eyebrow and she folded her arms, walking up to him. Zac's eyebrow matched hers but he wore a smirk as he looked her up and down.

He chuckled, stepping up to her close enough that her elbows touched his chest.

"She's kinda like my sister too. She's marrying my bro this weekend..." he licked his lips and brought his hands together and down in front of him "I take it you'll be there?" He asked looking down at her. Fatima's breath got caught in her chest. The air between became warm and thick. They both could feel it.

"I will and I take it you'll be my escort?" she asked with a squint and a half smile. He nodded. "I'm just glad I get to put a name to such a beautiful face I could never forget"

Fatima's head tilted as she held his stare for a few moments before stepping back and walking to grab her purse. She glanced over at him over her shoulder.

"Nice to meet you Fatima" he said watching her walk out of the room.