Chapter 6: Why did he come?

Xiao Jin's voice echoed outside the palace, lingering for a long time.

The voice was strong and powerful, not at all like someone who was dying could produce.

Inside the study, Taijian Ting heard the voice and his smiling face instantly stiffened. His hand holding the feather duster even trembled.

Not only the eunuch, even the birds perched on the yellow tiles chirped and flew away at this moment.

Due to the sudden change, the last note on the guzheng was inevitably out of tune.

The pipa players snapped out of their daze and quickly put down their instruments, kneeling down with the eunuch in panic.

"Your Majesty, please calm down!"

At this moment, the fourth prince sitting on another chair slowly got up.

He had the closest relationship with the Qi Emperor, so he calmly kneeled down and said with a smile, "Third Brother has always been like this, straightforward and impulsive. Father, please calm down."

He had already pleaded for mercy for Xiao Jin, and as for whether the Qi Emperor was angry or not, it had nothing to do with him.

A paper with strong and powerful calligraphy was hung on the wall of the study. However, the emperor sitting on the chair below the paper had an extremely ugly expression.

Xiao Ce had been the emperor for so many years, and had always felt aggrieved.

Although the people of Qi praised the crown prince, they had some doubts about his rule. That was okay, but now even Xiao Jin dared to challenge him openly in front of everyone.

What kind of etiquette is this?

The Qi Emperor immediately darkened his face and said to the eunuch beside him, "Go and invite the Yan Prince in!"

The eunuch's face turned pale, and he hurriedly agreed before running out.

The Fourth Prince, Xiao Yi, knelt on the carpet and secretly thought that Xiao Jin really knew how to pick the timing.

He was wondering what he could do to make the Qi Emperor heavily punish this person when Xiao Jin himself came knocking on the door.

Two pipa players knelt on the side, their foreheads pressed tightly against the ground, not daring to breathe. After a while, they faintly heard the sound of wooden wheels rolling over the carpet.

When the sound of the wheels stopped, it seemed that someone coughed twice.

The pipa players knew that this person was probably the famous Yan Prince, so they cautiously glanced at him out of the corner of their eyes.

As soon as they saw his face, they dared not look again.

But they thought to themselves that the Yan Prince was really handsome. His appearance didn't quite resemble that of a man; he was fair and delicate, with a pair of eyes that were indifferent and emotionless.

But in rumors, the Yan Prince was said to be violent and overbearing.

Despite his outstanding military achievements, he was not popular among the people of Qi.

Xiao Jin, who was the focus of everyone's attention, was not worried at all.

She didn't care whether everyone in the room was happy or not. She was just feeling extremely satisfied after her earlier outburst.

Xiao Jin calmly sat in her wheelchair with Chu Shao and saluted the Qi Emperor together, saying, "Your child, Xiao Jin, accompanied by Queen Consort Chu Shao, pays respects to the father emperor."