Chapter 147: So, you're my enemy too?

Xiao Shuang's tone wasn't particularly heavy, but she forcefully threw the book she was holding in her hand.

Unbiasedly, it happened to hit the minister's head.

The man felt the pain, and his official hat slipped off along with his hair. He didn't dare to pick it up and could only beg for mercy while trembling, saying, "Minister knows his mistake! Your Highness, please calm down."

Upon seeing this, the other ministers quickly bowed and apologized, "We overstepped our boundaries. Your Highness, please calm down..."

While listening to the group of people pleading anxiously for her forgiveness, Xiao Shuang showed no extra expression on her face.

She scanned every lowered head, and then with a wave of her sleeve, she sat back on her bed and coldly said, "Step back."

The ministers felt as if they had received a pardon, hurriedly tidied their official attire from the ground, and quickly took their leave.

Once the ministers were gone, Xiao Shuang picked up her tea, took a sip, and spoke to the figure behind the bead curtain, "The show is over, why are you still hiding behind the curtain?"

A voice came from outside the curtain, "Aunt, I'm not hiding for no reason."

With everyone gone, Xiao Shuang's mood seemed to improve, and she smiled as she said, "Stay behind the curtain for now. I will sit here and listen to your explanation."

Xiao Jin thought to herself, what explanation is needed? In a situation like this, who would dare to barge in directly?

Thinking that she shouldn't speak out of turn, what she said was quite audacious, "Because Jin'er fears being silenced, she stayed behind the curtain without making any noise."

"Is that so? But this palace saw you playing with the bead curtain quite happily. You almost tore it down and took it back to the Yan Mansion."

"You must have misunderstood." Xiao Jin remained calm and unruffled.

Xiao Shuang couldn't be bothered to argue with Xiao Jin and instructed the maidservant to push Xiao Jin inside. She also had a servant find some ice and put it in a jade basin to release some cool air, so that the person sitting in the room wouldn't feel too hot.

The ice emitted a cold air, and the room immediately felt refreshing.

Xiao Shuang finally felt relieved to some extent. She dismissed her personal maidservant and exchanged a few words with Xiao Jin, "The side room was already stuffy, and with a group of people standing in the room, if this palace didn't take action, they wouldn't know when they would finally leave."

"They are your subordinates, naturally, they should wholeheartedly serve you," Xiao Jin started speaking formally.

Xiao Shuang glanced at Xiao Jin and recalled the words those people had just spoken. She couldn't help but sneer, "I just don't know what their intentions are and what effort they are putting in."

Xiao Jin didn't respond.

After all, she didn't come here to eavesdrop on conversations in corners. She had only one thing she wanted to do.

"Jin'er doesn't care about what those people say," Xiao Jin met Xiao Shuang's gaze and said calmly, "You should know that I have never had such intentions before, not in the past, nor now."

Being an emperor not only required getting up at four or five in the morning for court sessions but also constantly being vigilant against being plotted against.

Not to mention balancing court officials and managing the affairs of the country, which was a mentally and physically exhausting task.

Playing a little game cultivated by the emperor, she only enjoyed being an incompetent ruler in the harem. If she really became an emperor, she was afraid that before she could return home, the Qi Country would have already fallen.