Chapter 94: What happened before this Prince went to conquer Yao Country?

As night fell, the lights were sparse. Jue Ge arrived at Xiao Jin's bedroom and raised her hand to gently knock on the door. After a moment, a familiar voice came from inside the room.

"Come in."

Jue Ge suppressed her excitement and stepped into the room. Just as she entered, she saw Xiao Jin sitting on a bamboo wheelchair with her back facing her. Her figure appeared somewhat distant, even more so in the floating fragrance of the locust flowers, and she looked frail and skinny.

Just as before, Jue Ge picked up a coat from the bed. She walked behind Xiao Jin and gently draped it over her shoulders, reminding her in a warm voice, "Your Highness, it's chilly at night, don't forget to add more clothes."

The black coat was embroidered with large white plum blossoms using silver thread. Under the moonlight, the silk thread was dyed silver and clear, and when looked at from afar, it appeared as if several branches of white plum blossoms were swaying and blooming against the arc of Xiao Jin's shoulder, shining in the night.

Xiao Jin pushed the wheelchair and turned around to look at Jue Ge for a while. After a moment, she said lightly, "You're back."

Although it was just an extremely ordinary sentence, Jue Ge felt a bit sour inside when she heard it. However, she did not show any extra emotions, pursed her lips, and softly replied, "Yes, I'm back, Your Highness."

Xiao Jin did not say anything else and pushed the wheelchair slowly towards the courtyard. Jue Ge saw that she was heading towards the backyard and quickly caught up, walking behind her and pushing the wheelchair for her.

As they walked past the corridor, the fragrance of locust flowers filled the entire courtyard. Xiao Jin pointed to the old locust tree in the courtyard, and Jue Ge understood and pushed her towards it.

The old tree was blooming with locust flowers on its branches. Although the fragrance was not particularly strong, it was elegant and graceful, only lingering with a faint and sweet fragrance.

Under the locust tree, Xiao Jin looked at Jue Ge and asked, "Jue Ge, where have you been these few days?"

Jue Ge was slightly stunned, apparently not expecting Xiao Jin to ask this question. She placed her hand on the black sword at her waist and replied, "These few days, I went to the blacksmith's shop in Qingzhou to repair the paint on the scabbard of my sword."

Xiao Jin nodded and asked again, "Besides that, have you been to any other places?"

Jue Ge's hand on the black sword stiffened.

 After a moment of silence, she whispered, "Besides... apart from sharpening the sword at the blacksmith's shop, I haven't been to any other places."

Hearing this, Xiao Jin sighed slightly, feeling somewhat helpless. "Jue Ge, it's just a lie, yet you speak so hesitantly. Even if I pretend not to know, it doesn't seem very reasonable," she said.

"Your Highness..." Jue Ge began, but Xiao Jin interrupted her.

"Jue Ge, you're so awkward when you lie, obviously not someone who lies often. So I really don't want to believe that the person who betrayed the Yan Mansion could be you," She said.

At these words, Jue Ge's face instantly turned extremely pale. Even when the locust flowers fell from the branches and landed on her clothes, she didn't seem to notice, forgetting to brush them away.

Jue Ge did not respond to Xiao Jin's words. After a moment, she knelt heavily on the floor.

Although she had knelt many times on the same day, only this time did she feel ashamed and wanted to commit suicide on the spot to apologize.