Chapter 84: Why not... have a piece of watermelon first

The winds of change were blowing in the capital city.

A confidential report was delivered through various channels and finally reached a mansion on the outskirts of Qingzhou.

Inside the study, Xiao Jin took the report from Jue Ge and quickly scanned it before handing it back.

Seeing Xiao Jin's nonchalant expression, Jue Ge assumed she had already finished reading it and was about to burn it.

But just as she raised her hand, she heard Xiao Jin's calm voice say, "I haven't finished yet. There are too many characters."

Jue Ge had to retract her hand and read the report word by word.

Meanwhile, Xiao Jin ate watermelon from a plate and listened to the report being read out loud.

Actually, the reason why she was too lazy to read it was not because there were too many characters.

It was mainly due to the dense layout and the fact that it was written in traditional characters. It was easier to give up and let the professionals handle it.

When Xiao Jin finished most of the watermelon in the plate and only had two pieces left, Jue Ge finally finished reading the long report.

After listening to the report, Xiao Jin wiped her hands with a handkerchief and asked, "Who is responsible for writing this report in the Intelligence Department?"

Jue Ge thought for a moment and gave a name that Xiao Jin was not familiar with.

Xiao Jin nodded and said, "Tell him that in the future, he must simplify the report and try to write the important information at the beginning and the end for easy reading."

To put the important information at the beginning and end?

Jue Ge was slightly puzzled and didn't quite understand the purpose of such an arrangement.

Xiao Jin explained, "This way, the main theme can be prominently highlighted."

Anyone who has written an elementary school essay knows this.

Although Jue Ge didn't quite understand, she still nodded in agreement and continued, "Your Highness, although the Dali Temple has submitted the account book you gave to the Blood Rain Pavilion, the Mu family is still powerful, and they have the support of Coconbine Mu and the Fourth Prince. With just one account book, it is unlikely that they will fall."

Although her words were tactful, the implication was clear that sending the account book at this time seemed like a waste.

Xiao Jin nodded in agreement, "You're right."

"In fact, I gave the account book to the Blood Rain Pavilion not with the intention of bringing down the Mu family, but to use this opportunity to see some people's attitudes."

After pondering for a moment, Jue Ge asked, "Your Highness, do you want to see the Crown Prince's attitude?"

Xiao Jin nodded.

Then she added, "There's also Father's attitude towards the Mu family and Fourth Brother's stance."

Of course, there was someone else that Xiao Jin didn't mention.

Actually, the most crucial thing was Xiao Shuang's attitude.

What did Princess Zhao Yang want to do, and which side would she choose when facing this matter?

"Mu Yuan died first because he deserved it. Second, because he was just a small figure," Xiao Jin said. "However, what a small figure does can easily reveal the position of a big figure behind him. For example, Mu Yuan's killing intent towards the Qin family mother and daughter was certainly not because they blocked his way."