Chapter 45: Enjoy to the fullest

Old Wang Steward has been serving in the Prince's mansion for more than ten years.

During these ten years, he has witnessed many ups and downs and has also come to know some secrets of the nobility.

But precisely because he is aware of these secrets, he knows what should and should not be done. Therefore, he has remained the steward of the Wang family for many years, and the Noble Consort and Fourth Prince also trust him greatly.

Old Wang Steward has many aspirations for promotion and wealth. For example, if the Fourth Prince is fortunate enough to sit in that position, he will certainly promote Old Wang Steward and let him enjoy honor and wealth.

In the past, he did not think much about this, because Qi country till had a wise and capable Crown Prince.

But now he thinks differently. As long as that noble person helps him, and with the Mu family's influence, it is uncertain who will sit in that position.

Carrying a lantern, Wang Steward's heart is filled with unlimited hope, as if he can already see the avenue of prosperity unfolding before his eyes.

Just as he hummed a tune and entered the door, he was about to light a lantern, and the lantern suddenly fell to the ground with a soft sound.

The candle tilted and touched the lantern, and the entire lantern began to burn fiercely.

Looking at the burning lantern, Old Wang Steward remained silent and dared not put out the fire.

Because a dagger was pressed against his throat. The blade cut through the skin, and the blood that flowed into his shirt was still warm.

Someone was trying to kill him, but he couldn't even shout a word.

The bandage was wrapped tightly, completely sealing Old Wang Steward's mouth.

At this moment, he stared wide-eyed, unable to move forward or retreat, only able to maintain this stiff posture.

The visitor behind him breathed evenly and faintly laughed, "You are smart."

Hearing this voice, Old Wang Steward's eyes widened even more, and he couldn't help but utter a series of sounds.

Because he was tightly wrapped in bandages, these sounds turned into incredulous sobbing, which was so unclear that it was impossible to understand.

Chu Shao held a dagger against Old Wang Steward's neck. Her posture was very elegant, as if she were painting a picture: "I really want to hear what Old Wang is saying, but unfortunately, your voice is too low and your words are unclear, which is really troublesome for me."

Her tone was gentle, as if she were talking about a slightly troublesome matter.

However, Old Wang Steward already knew at this time.

Chu Shao had come to kill him, and she was representing the Prince Yan's Mansion.

This self-proclaimed "me" should have been extremely gentle and kind.

However, with the blade pressing against his throat and the lantern burning fiercely on the floor, Old Wang was already terrified to the extreme.

If Chu Shao didn't want to kill him, she would not have spoken out to reveal her identity. Since her identity was exposed, it meant that the other party was completely certain they could kill him.

With the blade held against his neck, Old Wang dared not move and could only use his teeth to bite the bandage.

The tearing action was uncivilized, and he was like a trapped animal in an iron cage, howling wildly in desperation.