Chapter 153: Which girl would it be?

In the capital city, Prince Yan's residence.

Taking advantage of the remaining summer days, the maids would often hang the quilts on bamboo poles in the courtyard to let the cotton inside bask in the sun, warming it up.

However, the beddings and robes used by Prince Yan were never touched by the maids. They were all taken care of by two young ladies, Yin Zhu and Zi Ling.

"Don't even think about touching the things Prince Yan uses on a daily basis. Besides following Old Zhang, the steward's orders to deliver some clothes, we dare not step into Her Highness's bedroom."

One maid smoothed out the wrinkles on the quilt while discussing the matter with her companions.

Another maid whispered, "I think it's because Her Highness has a leg ailment, that's why she doesn't like others attending to her and keeps looking at herself."

"Hey, what nonsense are you talking about? We don't even dare to lift our heads when we see Prince Yan. How could we dare to stare at her legs? That would cost us our lives!"

"But the Princess often looks closely at Her Highness's legs, and she pays particularly close attention."

The maid fell silent.

The other maid became excited and continued, "And yesterday, I hid in a corner and noticed that Her Highness never got out of the carriage. I only saw the Princess coming down to talk to Old Zhang. After that, she went back into the carriage and went straight into the courtyard, not allowing anyone to serve her."

"What do you mean...?"

"Her Highness definitely hasn't returned to the capital. There was probably only the Princess in the carriage."

The maid was taken aback, then quickly covered her mouth, "Don't talk nonsense. We, mere servants, have no right to discuss the matters of our masters."

"Sister, I was just speaking the truth. If His Majesty is unwell, and Her Highness has truly returned to the capital, how could she not go into the palace to attend to the illness?"

The maid was afraid that the impulsive girl would continue speaking, so she interrupted her and scolded, "Perhaps... Perhaps Her Highness is just too tired, so she fell asleep. Why are you still laughing? Instead of working properly, you're here spreading rumors. Tomorrow, I'll report this to Ol Zhang, and he'll have you expelled!"

Although the first maid casually came up with an excuse to brush off the young maid, she didn't expect that the actual situation would be quite close to her flattery.

Xiao Jin had indeed fallen asleep, and it seemed like a long, endless slumber.

Chu Shao was already accustomed to it, but it was hard on Ye Juege and the attendants below. They couldn't eat or sleep well these past few days, constantly staring at the tightly closed door, yearning to see what lay beyond.

People outside were getting anxious, while inside the door, some were even sitting in the courtyard, instructing Qin Xueting in sword practice.

Even Qin Xueting couldn't help but ask, "Princess, aren't you worried about Prince Yan?"

Chu Shao just smiled and said, "You're too light with your moves, and your footwork is unstable. If you continue to practice like this, training for ten years will be no different from training for one day."

At night, when she returned to her quarters, she sat beside the woman lying on the bed. Chu Shao reached out to touch Xiao Jin's hair, feeling a slight pleasure even through the strands of hair slipping between her fingers.