Chapter 26: Only she reached a world of embarrassment by herself

When Xiao Jin ascended the tall building on a cloud ladder, she felt like the world was too dreamlike, separated by layers of white silk and wooden frames like smoke.

The female lead, Chu Shao, smiled gently as she pushed Xiao Jin's wheelchair, and the second female lead, Su Tan, pretended to be a maid and followed behind.

Xiao Jin sat calmly on the wheelchair, feeling like this moment was the pinnacle of her transmigration career.

And the person they were going to see now was surprisingly the third female lead, Bai Zheng.

The halo of the protagonist did not deceive her. As expected, anything could happen when following the female lead for a long time.

When they reached the ninth floor, the cloud ladder stopped.

Xiao Jin sat calmly on the wheelchair and let Chu Shao push her into the winding corridor.

A pool of lotus flowers in red dresses emerged from the water, with dozens of bowl-shaped flower lanterns floating on the water's surface. The lights glimmered like stars with the rippling waves.

Looking at everything in front of her, Xiao Jin instantly thought of the silver-red sleeve in the original novel.

In the original work(novel), Bai Zheng, as one of the supporting female characters, was famous in Qi country for her wealth and beauty.

However, because she had the script of the third female lead, her role was limited to paving the way for the crown prince and giving way to the female lead in the later stage.

Fortunately, Bai Zheng's ending was still good.

After the female lead unified the world, Bai Zheng no longer followed the male lead's plot. She disbanded the Yanyu Building and bought a manor in the outskirts of the capital city, where girls could still sing and play instruments.

Xiao Jin was recalling the plot about Bai Zheng when the voice of a servant brought her back to reality, "Miss, Miss Bai is right here."

The servant led Xiao Jin and her companions to the door and then respectfully retreated.

Chu Shao's lips still had a smile, and she was in a pleasant mood.

After all, Miss Bai from Yanyu Building wanted to see them, which was worth a smile.

Moreover, with Xiao Jin and Su Tan here, she believed that things would become even more interesting.

With this in mind, Chu Shao held onto the bamboo handle of her wheelchair with one hand and politely knocked on the door with the other.

Noticing that the grand door was half-open, she smiled and slowly pushed it open.

As the door opened wide, the fragrance of "Spring Mountain Empty" filled the room.

Smoke rose from the porcelain incense burner, light and refreshing, like the new rain of early spring. Although the fragrance was still light, it was extremely unique.

Through the coral bead curtain, Xiao Jin could vaguely see a woman's flowing red sleeves and the bronze sleeve furnace she held in her hand.

Initially, Xiao Jin could only see a corner through the white silk, but when Chu Shao raised her hand and lifted the bead curtain, she would probably be able to see the full picture.

At this moment, Xiao Jin's mood was inexplicably nervous. Fortunately, she quickly adjusted and only felt nervous for a second.

It was understandable to feel nervous. After all, she didn't know what Bai Zheng, who was hiding behind the curtain, meant by inviting them up.