Chapter 136: Princess Qi Yun

Amidst a flurry of sword lights and shadows, Prince Shen finally managed to find Xiao Qing, only to be blocked by a wave of blades.

Gritting his teeth, he drew his sword from his waist, preparing to fight his way out.

"Swoosh!"

Two goose feather arrows suddenly flew out from the other side, knocking down the weapons of the black-clothed mens in front of him.

Startled and angry, the black-clothed mens couldn't quite comprehend who had shot these cold arrows. In the next moment, one of them had their throat swiftly pierced by a disciple of the Tianya Sect standing nearby, devoid of breath.

Prince Shen saw the mark on the arrow and was slightly stunned.

Because he knew it was the arrow of the Third Prince.

However, Prince Shen was currently focused on protecting his daughter, so he naturally didn't have time to think about it. He didn't look back but swiftly approached Xiao Qing, taking her away from the threatening swords.

The person who made the move had a calm expression. She was still sitting in a wheelchair, casually lowering her carved bow, as if she were playing with a toy.

After all, she knew in her heart that helping Prince Shen would be advantageous to her.

After the Fifth Prince had told Xiao Jin many secrets that day, he hesitated for a moment and said to her, "Third brother, in fact, Prince Shen is not such a bad person."

Xiao Jin didn't pay much attention. "People are not inherently bad when they are born, but they will all die."

The Fifth Prince looked at Xiao Jin with an extremely sincere and inexplicable gaze. "With all the words I've said today, I just hope that one day... if Prince Shen gets into trouble, I don't ask you to plead for him and protect the entire Prince Shen's Mansion. As long as you can save Qing'er, it wouldn't be in vain for my hand to be useless."

At that time, Xiao Jin found it somewhat troublesome. After all, she wasn't familiar with Prince Shen, let alone Xiao Qing.

The only thing that could connect her with these two people was that they shared the surname "Xiao."

Moreover, the words "loyalty" and "duty" didn't have much to do with her.

But in the end, Xiao Jin made a move.

One reason was that there was something to gain.

Secondly, as she watched Prince Shen rush towards Xiao Qing, she suddenly felt that this person, despite being unfaithful, despicable, and weak, still seemed to have a tiny bit of fatherly love within him.

However, Xiao Jin didn't expect that she was just casually helping out, while Prince Shen took it seriously.

Prince Shen rushed to her, guarded by Ye Suyu, and his gaze towards her still held onto a lifeline, filled with unprecedented humility and hope. "Xiao Jin, Qing'er is your sister. Please save her, save her..."

Xiao Jin stared at Prince Shen for a long time and calmly asked, "Why?"

With just one sentence, Prince Shen's slightly open mouth froze.

Because he knew the meaning behind Xiao Jin's words.

Clearly, Xiao Jin didn't care about any deep bond of blood between her and Xiao Qing.

Instead, she straightforwardly asked, "Why should I help you?"

In other words...

On what basis should I help you?