Chapter 172: Why won't you develop feelings for me?

In the dungeon of Yao Country, many people have been added recently.

Each of these people has a remarkable background, dressed in luxurious garments and robes, with even their official hats not yet removed before being thrown into the prison by the two generals, Ye.

A nobleman lost his jade pendant from his waist, and his crown on his head went missing as well. He was already tied to the torture frame and shouted loudly to General Ye Juege beside him, "General Ye! When Her Majesty reclaimed the lost territories, my Sun family made significant contributions. How can Her Majesty forget the merits of this marquis and resort to burning bridges?"

Ye Juege had a cold expression on her face. She wiped the blood off her hands and glanced at the nobleman.

"Marquis, that was just a minor matter from two years ago. It hasn't been long since then, so why discuss the past? Besides, even without you, Her Majesty would still have reclaimed Yao Country."

"You misspoke and made a mistake a few days ago. Her Majesty showed exceptional mercy by not following your strategy and locking you and the fierce hound in the same cage."

The nobleman was stunned for a moment, then sharply exclaimed, "Mercy?!"

"When Her Majesty treats her meritorious subjects so severely, how can the people of the world be pleased and loyal? With such a monarch in Yao Country, the day of the country's demise is not far away! Just wait and see, for the sake of a war criminal, she has arrested so many people. I wonder who will dare to remain loyal... Ah!"

Before he could finish his words, Ye Feiyan, who stood by, grabbed a whip soaked in saltwater and chili and mercilessly lashed it against his neck.

The nobleman received several lashes, crying out in pain while continuing to curse and yell loudly.

"You despicable creature! How dare you strike this marquis? You're just an outsider, not a true citizen of Yao Country. What are you even worth?"

Ye Feiyan sneered, "At a time like this, your mouth is still so foul. Do you think you're the only one in the world who can speak?"

She then dropped the whip, took a step forward, and picked up a heated branding iron. She ordered the guard to open the nobleman's mouth and swiftly shoved it inside.

"Ah! Ah! Ah!"

The branding iron was scorching hot, emitting a cloud of white smoke as soon as it entered his mouth. The smell of burnt flesh filled the dungeon.

In the other prison cells, the imprisoned noble ministers could smell the scent and their faces turned pale. They tightly gripped the iron bars, continuously crying out to General Ye Juege, "General Ye, save me! General Ye, please save me..."

"Your Majesty, I want to see Your Majesty!"

Ye Juege stood silently outside the prison cell, not even raising her eyes.

Inside the dungeon, the cries of agony echoed, sharp and mournful, never ceasing.

Although the screams were piercing and incessant, they couldn't reach the deepest cell, the one submerged in water.

This deepest level only contained one prison cell. It was dark, damp, empty, and quiet.

Today, Chu Shao didn't wear her royal attire but instead a narrow-sleeved robe, covered with a black fur coat.

Standing beside the torture frame, she looked down with lowered eyes at the grand general bound to the iron frame.

Qin Xueting's legs were soaked and swollen, no longer bleeding, and unable to move. When she heard the sound, she lifted her head and looked at Chu Shao.