Chapter 163: Shao'er, it hurts. I want to go home

As night fell, the rain poured heavily. Inside the Eastern Palace, the Crown Prince held a brush, writing something between the blank pages of a book. He continued to write, unaffected by the increasing downpour outside. The sound of rain hitting the stone slabs gradually became clear and loud.

The book was filled with ink characters. The wind blew, flipping through the earlier pages, where the handwriting matched the freshly written ink characters.

The Crown Prince used a ruler to press down on the page's corner, waiting for the ink to dry. However, a black-clothed men emerged from the dark room and approached him.

He set down his brush and looked at the kneeling shadow in front of him. "What is it?"

The black-clothed person spoke, "Your Highness, Miss Ye Feiyan's assassination attempt on Prince Yan failed. Vice Commander Tang shot her wrist and she was taken to Prince Yan Mansion. During this time, Master Ye attempted to intervene but was intercepted by Commander Tang and failed to save Miss Ye."

The Crown Prince furrowed his brows slightly. "I only sent her to the Changle Palace to protect the Empress Mother. Why did she attempt to assassinate Prince Yan?"

"I don't know... but it seems to be Miss Ye's impromptu idea," the person replied.

After receiving the answer, the Crown Prince remained silent. He picked up the brush again and wrote something on the small book.

Rain threads drifted in from the window.

The black-clothed men knelt on the cold floor until his legs became numb, but the master didn't tell him to leave, so he didn't dare to go. He didn't dare to speak up, and before taking his leave, he cautiously asked, "Your Highness, should we send someone to infiltrate the Prince Yan Mansion and rescue Miss Ye? After all, she is Master Ye's niece, and if..."

"No need," the Crown Prince interrupted.

The Crown Prince finished writing and put down the brush. "She made a mistake, but she also misunderstood my intentions. It's only appropriate for her to receive some punishment."

"Understood." Since things had come to this point, the black-clothed men couldn't say anything more and retreated.

After the black-clothed men left, Shen Guichen walked out from behind the folding screen. She was still dressed in red, but her face carried a hint of unhealthy paleness.

She stood before the desk, frowning. "Your Highness, what exactly do you intend to do?"

The Crown Prince looked up at Shen Guichen and asked, "Why do you ask?"

Shen Guichen met the Crown Prince's gaze and spoke softly, "When Prince Yan returned to the capital to conquer Yao Country, Your Majesty sent you to abduct Princess Roujia, but you changed the order on your own and falsely claimed that Your Majesty wanted to abduct Princess Shao. If it weren't for Shen Lan mistaking the person, I'm afraid the one currently in the Eastern Palace would be Princess Chu Shao, which would have contradicted Your Majesty's intentions."

"I have defied Father Emperor's will more than once or twice." The Crown Prince closed the book, placed it beside him, and replied.

Shen Guichen lowered her gaze and looked at the book the Crown Prince placed by his side. "Your Highness, I thought you were infatuated with Princess Shao, which is why you took such actions. But now it seems that's not the case."

The Crown Prince smiled, neither confirming nor refuting her statement. He simply said, "Princess Shao? I have seen her portrait, and she is indeed beautiful. Anyone who sees such a woman would surely be captivated."