Chapter 105: In fact, you can offend me

It wasn't raining inside the cave.

But as night fell, the rain enveloped the entire forest in a curtain of fine threads.

Chu Shao watched the transparent strings of raindrops soak into Xiao Jin's black hair, trickling from the tips of her hair down to her jaw and falling from there.

The rain made her body, which was leaning against the stone wall, look even thinner and weaker.

As she watched this scene, Chu Shao suddenly understood something.

She had come here to find Xiao Jin, and she had just called her name, which meant that she had won.

But even though she had won, looking at Xiao Jin now did not bring her any joy of victory.

Because at this moment, the way Xiao Jin looked at her was different from any other moment before.

It was a distant and indescribable gaze, as if Xiao Jin was far away from her and not of this world.

Despite this, Chu Shao still sheathed her sword and stepped towards Xiao Jin, one step at a time.

She continued until she was standing in front of her, having walked through a pool of wolf corpses and red blood stains.

It was then that Chu Shao realized that she and Xiao Jin were actually the same.

They were both soaked with blood and rain, their hair and eyes wet. They both looked pale and disheveled.

This similarity added a hint of smile to Chu Shao's lips, although it was a shallow one and still somewhat cold.

This was because she noticed the wound on Xiao Jin's arm that was still bleeding, as well as the torn hem of her clothes.

Chu Shao crouched down and, under the watchful eyes of Tang Ling and Bai Zheng, gently embraced Xiao Jin's waist, as if rescuing a drowning person.

Her movements were very gentle, even though her fingers were covered in fresh blood and cold rainwater.

Chu Shao lowered her eyelashes and spoke in a voice that sounded distant in the rain, "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have fought, and I shouldn't have let Your Highness suffer in this cold and hardship. I should have taken you back earlier."

Her words were gentle and seductive, but Bai Zheng, who was standing nearby, heard what Chu Shao really meant to say.

On the cliff at that time, Bai Zheng was hiding behind the trees.

She accidentally saw Chu Shao wielding her sword, killing those  black-clothed men, and spilling blood everywhere.

At first, Bai Zheng felt chills running down her spine and planned to hide in the bushes and hold her breath until it was over.

But then she saw Chu Shao furrow her eyebrows, gazing intently at the mist lingering at the bottom of the cliff.

It seemed as if she was contemplating how to jump down from the top of the cliff, smoothly...

The cliff was a hundred feet tall. How could the she be so foolish as to want to jump off it? It must be an illusion.

But before Bai Zheng could finish her self-deprecating thoughts, Chu Shao threw a corpse off the cliff, seemingly trying to estimate the height based on the sound of it hitting the ground.

When she heard the faint echo, Chu Shao furrowed her brow even tighter.

Bai Zheng was a little stunned by the scene.

However, she looked at Chu Shao's tight brow and thought that even if she really had this intention, she would probably be hindered by the height of the cliff and would retreat when she realized the difficulty.