Chapter 134: She despised this person

In the garrison, not far from the Changfeng Weichang, a mansion was still brightly lit.

Inside this mansion resided the only prince of the Qi Country, Prince Shen. Although Prince Shen was not skilled in archery, over the years he had accumulated a considerable amount of real estate under his name, and this mansion was one of them.

Rather than calling it a mansion, this piece of land resembled more of a country estate.

On ordinary days, the estate would receive guests who were aristocratic children coming from the outskirts for hunting.

These aristocratic children usually came for leisure and entertainment, seeking small game hunting.

They would bring along a large entourage, including children, wives, guards, and servants.

The nobles couldn't withstand the heat, so after the hunt, they would often stay in the estate, enjoying some fruits and amusing their children. It was relatively comfortable for them. As they were generous spenders, Prince Shen had also earned a considerable amount of money from this estate.

Today, Prince Shen arrived at this estate not to settle accounts but to do something else. He lifted Xiao Qing in his arms, and though his hands trembled incessantly, he managed to place her securely on the horse's back.

Xiao Qing had just changed her medicine and was about to sleep when her father woke her up. She was already very puzzled, and upon seeing the group of private guards secretly kept by her father, she became even more astonished. "Father, what are you doing?"

Prince Shen didn't explain much to Xiao Qing. He mounted the horse and rode together with her. "Qing'er, come with Father and escape."

"Escape? Father, why do we need to escape?"

"Because someone wants to kill us."

"Kill us? Father, you are the prince of Qi Country. Who dares to kill you?"

Prince Shen's face remained hidden in the dark night. He didn't explain further to Xiao Qing and turned to the guards beside him, giving orders, "Make sure to protect Princess Qing."

"Yes," the guards acknowledged the order.

Xiao Qing listened to the howling wind in her ears, her eyes filled with confusion. Obviously, she didn't quite understand what was happening tonight.

However, Xiao Jin, hiding in the darkness, understood.

In the pitch-black night, Xiao Jin sat in a wheelchair and watched as Prince Shen fled.

Her expression remained unchanged.

Unable to bear the loneliness, Ye Suyu, standing beside her, asked, "Your Highness, don't you want to pursue?"

Xiao Jin replied, "Pursue what?"

Ye Suyu glanced at Chu Shao and the group of Tianya Sect disciples who were ready to strike with their swords and fell into silence. She didn't answer Xiao Jin's question, but her meaning was apparent.

Not pursuing meant letting this group of people gather here... What were they planning to do?

Even at night, the summer heat showed no signs of diminishing. .

Xiao Jin took the handkerchief handed to her by Chu Shao and gently wiped the sweat from her forehead. She said to Ye Suyu, "Let's wait for a while and watch the show."

Although she said that, even Xiao Jin herself felt that the cost of watching this show was a bit too hot. If it weren't for Xiao Shuang advising her not to get involved, maybe she wouldn't have come.