Chapter 160: Miss Luo Yue, I hope all is well with you

When Xiao Jin left the Eastern Palace, the moon was already hanging high in the sky amidst the clouds. The wheelchair slowly moved forward, and faintly, she could hear the sound of night watchmen striking their clappers from outside the walls, echoing in the quiet night along with the dripping water from the eaves.

Chu Shao stood beside a pot of mint plants, bathed in the gentle and clear moonlight, which blurred her eyebrows and eyes.

"Where is Old Zhang?" Xiao Jin only saw Chu Shao alone, so she asked.

Chu Shao turned around and smiled in response, "I'm here waiting for you. I let Stewart Zhang go back first."

Xiao Jin nodded.

No words were needed. Chu Shao had already walked to Xiao Jin's side and took the wheelchair and the lantern from the palace maid's hands, heading towards the carriage. She was about to have the sedan chair lowered, but she was stopped by Xiao Jin's raised hand.

Chu Shao looked at Xiao Jin and saw the calm ink-like color in her eyes.

"We won't use the sedan chair tonight. Let's take a stroll for a while."

Although Chu Shao was somewhat surprised, she dismissed the attendants and coachmen and pushed Xiao Jin into the deep night.

The shops by the roadside had already closed, leaving only scattered lights in the taverns. Occasionally, a few night patrolling soldiers would see the attire of the Prince Yan, leaving their weapons in place and bowing as they passed by.

It wasn't until they walked through the entire street and entered a darker alley that the figures gradually disappeared.

Xiao Jin felt unfamiliar with this place and was about to ask Chu Shao where they were when she suddenly stopped in her tracks and walked ahead.

Turning around, with a pair of clear eyes like the moon, she stared at Xiao Jin, a faint smile lingering on her lips, elusive yet captivating.

It must be said that it was extremely enticing and mesmerizing.

Sitting in the wheelchair, Xiao Jin watched Chu Shao as she approached step by step, reaching her side, but she remained silent, never uttering a word.

Everything became heavy in silence, as if ink droplets slowly sinking into a well through bamboo pipes.

It wasn't until the candlelight flickered past that the lantern slipped from their hands, falling onto the cold and dark stone, igniting a bright flame.

The flames rose higher, accompanied by crackling sparks.

The wheelchair leaned against the cold wall, amidst the flickering fireworks, Chu Shao's lips touched Xiao Jin's neck.

A cool breeze entered their collars and cuffs, causing a slight shiver. The lips and skin absorbed warmth from each other, like two strands of wet silk, tightly pressed together.

Fingers wandered like brushes between life and paper, exhaling breaths filled with warmth.

The summer night was cooler than still water. Xiao Jin leaned back in the wheelchair, allowing Chu Shao to kiss her throat, indulging in this suffocating sensation with a hint of aggression. Then, in the flickering moments of the lingering firelight, she gently extinguished her breath.

She heard Chu Shao calling her name.

Calling her, Xiao Jin.

Still somewhat intoxicated by alcohol, Xiao Jin even felt confused. Did Chu Shao call out the name of the original owner or her own name?