Chapter 164: The War

Xiao Jin woke up from unconsciousness and found herself lying in bed.

She turned her head and saw a blue sky outside.

While dreaming, Xiao Jin had never forgotten to curse the scumbag system. But when she woke up and saw such a beautiful sky, she couldn't be bothered to curse anymore.

Thinking of the system, it started up and responded, "Host, actually your remaining lifespan hasn't been used up yet, but there might be some uncontrollable reactions due to unexpected circumstances... or perhaps because the mission deadline is approaching."

Xiao Jin asked, "What can you control?"

Witnessing the system's attempt to shift blame, she initially wanted to mock it a bit more.

Then she thought, perhaps spitting blood was the instinctive reaction of the original owner, and the system really couldn't control it.

Noticing that there was no one else in the room, Xiao Jin got up on her own and got dressed.

In the process, she also tied a box of sleeve arrows for self-defense.

Although the courtyard seemed quiet and there didn't appear to be anyone, considering that she was still presenting herself as disabled, Xiao Jin decided to sit in the wheelchair before reaching out to open the window.

Taking a breath of fresh air, she felt that her vital signs were good. It seemed like the intense coughing and the feeling of imminent death from last night were all illusions.

Xiao Jin raised her hand and noticed that the blood-stained jade ring was gone. She guessed that Chu Shao must have taken it off.

Indeed, it couldn't be a dream.

With this in mind, Xiao Jin lowered her gaze and looked at the black figure leaning against the window.

Ye Suyu was holding her whip close and had her eyes closed, meeting with the Duke of Zhou in broad daylight.

Not seeing Chu Shao and Ye Juege, but only a half-hearted Ye Suyu guarding the courtyard, Xiao Jin had a strong intuition that something significant had happened in the mansion.

So she spoke up and ruthlessly woke up the dozing Ye Suyu.

"Suyu, Ye Suyu."

Hearing this voice devoid of any goodwill, Ye Suyu jolted and abruptly woke up, opening her eyes.

When she opened her eyes and saw Xiao Jin's face, joy appeared on her face. "Your Highness, you finally woke up! If you didn't wake up, the princess would have killed all the captured people."

Xiao Jin had just woken up and didn't immediately react to what "captured people" meant.

Seeing that Xiao Jin didn't say anything, Ye Suyu added, "It's Bai Lidan and Ye Feiyan."

Xiao Jin instantly understood.

The idiom "when the city gate catches fire, the fish in the moat are affected" probably applied here. Chu Shao probably wanted to kill Ye Feiyan, and Bai Lidan, an old man, was most likely just a scapegoat for Chu Shao's anger.

Thinking that these two people might still be useful in the future, and considering that there was some kinship between Ye Feiyan and Ye Suyu, Xiao Jin, although feeling a bit weary, still asked Ye Suyu to lead the way and go take a look.

On the way, Ye Suyu recounted what happened last night and continued into this morning.

Her words were long-winded, but when condensed, the main point revolved around one thing.