Chapter 130: Jin'er, after returning to the capital, accompany this palace

Xiao Jin lowered her eyelashes, her expression devoid of emotion, thinking to herself, how unjust she felt.

Xiao Jin paused and continued, "However, in a few hours, it will start getting dark. While the lanterns are beautiful, there are often fierce birds and beasts on the grasslands. The Princess and the Fifth Prince Consort haven't brought any guards, so it might not be entirely safe... Commander Ye, what do you think?"

"I think you're right," Ye Juege replied, feeling like she had been kidnapped and completely ignoring the fact that Xiao Jin had secretly sent Ye Suyu to protect Chu Shao since they entered the enclosure.

The absence of guards was a nonexistent issue.

As long as you're happy, Your Highness.

With the affirmation from her subordinate, Xiao Jin's mood improved slightly, and she smiled at the maid, "Do you understand my intention?"

The maid felt embarrassed, "I'm slow to understand, Your Highness."

Xiao Jin thought to herself that she was indeed slow. After a long silence, she reluctantly expressed her original intention, "The idea is to maybe indirectly remind the Princess."

"What should I remind her of?" the maid asked.

"Remind the Princess to return to the camp early."

The maid didn't quite understand why Prince Yan had to beat around the bush and set up such a long introduction for just one sentence. She smiled and said, "So you mean I should tell the Princess that there are often fierce birds on the grasslands and advise her to return to the camp earlier?"

"Yes," Xiao Jin answered decisively. After a moment, she furrowed her brows and denied, "That's not what I meant. I just feel..."

The maid waited for the continuation, but Xiao Jin's voice abruptly stopped.

She couldn't directly say it. Xiao Jin thought that perhaps Xiao Shuang wanted to lure her over and then secretly deal with Chu Shao?

It's hard to cut the tangled mess.

In the end, Xiao Jin gave up on explaining and said to Ye Juege, "Go to her."

"Yes."

The two of them left, leaving the maid standing alone, pondering that Prince Yan didn't seem as cold-blooded and ruthless as rumored. In fact, Prince Yan was quite easy to talk to.

And awkward, too.

....

Xiao Jin was unaware that she had established herself as someone who complains but speaks the truth in the maid's mind, and she didn't have time to think about it. Because sitting across from her was Xiao Shuang.

And Xiao Jin never expected that her aunt would call her over, claiming to have important matters to discuss. When she arrived, Xiao Shuang herself, using a lantern, delicately raised her slender, fair fingers and was dyeing her nails with nutmeg.

Perhaps because it had already become dark, Xiao Shuang had already taken off the hairpin from her updo. Her ink-black hair cascaded down her neck, diminishing some of her fierce and noble demeanor. However, the crane pattern embroidered with silver thread on her scarlet robe still shimmered with a faint golden light in the candle's glow.

The nutmeg slowly spread on her fingernail, and Xiao Shuang looked down, her lowered eyelashes covering her indifferent and calm gaze. The candlelight fell softly on her, like a veil, but it couldn't penetrate her.

Xiao Jin sat quietly beside her, just watching Xiao Shuang dyeing her nails. For the first time, she felt that the Princess Zhao Yang wasn't as mysterious and unpredictable as she had imagined. Even looking at Xiao Shuang's expression, she inexplicably felt that she seemed a bit lonely.