Chapter 152: What is love?

Fengyi Palace was enveloped in a soft mist.

Raindrops fell densely, presenting a pure and immaculate white, reminiscent of a winter field.

Xiao Jin followed Nan Jin, walking through the palace made of red bricks and yellow tiles.

The early winter rain was chilly, but the plum blossoms planted in Yao Palace bloomed unusually early, scattering petals all over the ground. The palace maids hurriedly passed by, and if they weren't careful, they would crush the fallen flowers.

Therefore, when Xiao Jin stopped at this place, she noticed that the entire palace seemed to be surrounded by a desolate and decadent cold fragrance.

The palace maid opened the door, a flash of fear crossed her face as she knelt down, "Greetings to the respected National Teacher."

Nan Jin walked straight into this palace that belonged to the empress, with Su Tan following closely behind.

In a previous memory, Xiao Jin had been to this palace, but she was still walking and observing, trying to find the differences from before.

What puzzled her the most was that there were no differences at all.

The auspicious beast-shaped incense burners still emitted a soft and gentle smoke, and the palace maids lifted the lids and added incense inside.

According to reason, at this time, Nan Jin should have already returned to court, so the empress shouldn't be treated the same as before.

Soon, Xiao Jin's question was answered.

Following Nan Jin for a while, she noticed that there were very few palace maids in this palace, indicating that there weren't many people to attend to.

Furthermore, after walking for a long time, she didn't catch a glimpse of Empress Ning anywhere.

Xiao Jin speculated that after Empress Ning was deposed, Nan Jin must have taken her to another place.

The only person living in this palace now was Chu Shao.

Sure enough, a maid accompanying them said to Nan Jin, "According to your orders, I have already moved Empress Ning to the Cold Palace, and the people from Jianjia Building will take care of her."

Nan Jin didn't care about where Empress Ning was exactly, but asked, "And what about Chu Shao?"

"Imperial Physician Su is currently treating the injuries of Ninth Princess. She will need a change of clothes later. Please wait here for a moment."

Tea leaves floated up and sank in the cup.

Nan Jin had patience and picked up the teacup to sip, while Xiao Jin had already slipped through the opening of the door.

As soon as she entered, she saw the fluttering canopy.

....

Only at night was Princess Shao awake.

During the day, it was monotonous and boring, with the expressions of the palace maids lacking vividness, their faces as stiff as mud masks.

Sometimes, Princess Shao could hear the sound of silk and bamboo instruments.

At that time, the gauze curtains floated above her head, and she reached out her hand but couldn't touch them because her arm was not under her control.

It was quite strange. Although Princess Shao couldn't control her arm and couldn't see anything, she could perceive everything clearly.

All the tenderness and fragrance came with the light, followed by falling dust, concealed in the heavy air.