Chapter 168: I'll wait for you here, waiting for you to come and kill me.

The days of house arrest in the Yan Mansion were long and quiet.

Apart from Bai Zheng occasionally coming to the mansion to chat and share news from the capital, there were also Princess Zhao Hua, Xu Fanghai, and Shen Shuang.

On the day Chu Shao left the city, Shen Shuang had helped her with the token of the Minister of War, otherwise Chu Shao would not have been able to leave Qi Country without obstruction.

However, since the death of Shen Guichen, Shen Shuang's temperament had changed a lot.

When talking to Xiao Jin, she drank a cup of Erquan Yinhao tea sent by Xu Fanghai, and her gaze was no longer as clear as before: "If I gain power in the future, I will exterminate all treacherous ministers like Tang Ling and bring peace to Qi Country."

Xiao Jin remained silent, secretly relieved that Shen Shuang would probably never have the chance to gain power.

If she really did, she would probably be played to death by Tang Ling.

Days went by without sorrow or joy. Xiao Jin was now too lazy to keep track of the time until her departure; it didn't matter anyway.

Well, in fact, many things are like that. Whether you hope for them or not, they will eventually come to an end.

Xiao Jin said this, but when her injuries were almost healed, she impulsively tried the strong liquor that the original owner disliked.

The gu poison mentioned in the original novel was said to take effect as soon as it was ingested, choking the throat before it even reached the stomach. Such a ruthless and intense poison could sever eternal worries.

The strong liquor was the same.

As the knife cut into her throat and stomach, what Xiao Jin swallowed was alcohol, and when she coughed it up, it turned into blood.

She spent the night vomiting, her throat filled with the smell of blood and alcohol, feeling uncomfortable all over, but unable to shed a single tear from her eyes.

In fact, Xiao Jin didn't feel much pain, and she even found it quite amusing.

Even after vomiting so much blood, she couldn't die, which showed how good Chu Shao was to her.

Afterwards, Ming Xun smashed all the wine cups, and Xiao Jin lost interest in testing the limits of her mortality. Instead, she lay on the bed like a corpse, not thinking or doing anything at all.

Late at night, she became delusional and went to the secret chamber.

She pulled open a drawer and looked at the things in the hidden compartment.

Xiao Jin reached out and picked up the plain handkerchief placed deep inside the compartment. Pressing it against her face, the silk fabric was soft and closely touching her skin.

At that moment, Xiao Jin remembered the words she had said to Chu Shao.

An covenant, what covenant?

On the day of the forced marriage, during the bridal chamber with candles, it was all just empty words I made up to save my own life.

Xiao Jin put down the handkerchief, unaware that her hand was trembling.

A metallic taste rose in her throat, and she swallowed it down.

Her fingertips brushed against the dusty city defense map. Xiao Jin murmured unconsciously, "You don't even need this, so what else can I give you?"

There was also a portrait torn from an illustration book by the original owner, depicting the princess Shao in her prime.