Chapter 29: Blockade of Yanyu Building

When Xiao Jin heard the words "swordsman", she knew that what Bai Zheng was about to say next was probably not that simple.

Under the high-rise building, the sound of the pipa gradually slowed down.

Bai Zheng's voice was as clear as a stone hitting water.

"A swordsman came to the building a few days ago. He looked decent and not like a wicked person, but he seemed a bit down and out."

Xiao Jin could only remember what the assassin's body looked like after Su Tan dissected it, and had forgotten what his face looked like specifically.

But as a listener, out of politeness, she still nodded her head in feigned interest.

As they chatted, Bai Zheng found a chair and sat down leisurely. "The girls at the Yanyu  Building usually only see aristocratic children, and they have never encountered such a destitute young man before."

"She was also curious about the stranger and welcomed him into her room. She played a few songs on the pipa for him and listened to him talk about the world and martial arts. She was very happy."

Xiao Jin thought it was nothing out of the ordinary. After all, the plot that Bai Zheng mentioned was just a normal development in online novel.

But Chu Shao, who was standing aside, smiled slightly and surprisingly took over the conversation, "I see."

Bai Zheng furrowed her brows, not understanding what Chu Shao was talking about.

Even Xiao Jin and Su Tan, who were colleagues, didn't understand why she suddenly came up with such a sentence.

Just as Xiao Jin was puzzled, she saw Chu Shao reach out and stroke the ivory-carved fan bone.

She smiled softly and said, "I can understand their thoughts. After all, canaries are destined to be locked in cages all their lives until they rot and turn into corpses. When they are trapped in a cage for too long and suddenly see a person with a sword, they long for the vastness of the world, which is also normal."

Through a layer of white silk, Xiao Jin looked up and vaguely saw the soft curve of Chu Shao's lips.

Her smile was very naive, like a child blinking their eyes, talking to adults about their views on all things in the world.

Certainly, the scene was beautiful. However, she didn't quite understand where Chu Shao's sentiments came from.

Bai Zheng frowned, thinking that Chu Shao was implying that she imprisoned the girls' freedom.

But most of the girls in Yanyu Building were at their wits' end before they were taken in by her. Their coming and going were casual, and she did not deliberately confine them.

Just as she was about to explain, she saw Chu Shao's gentle smile, seemingly candid and straightforward.

Bai Zheng swallowed her words of retort, not really taking this matter to heart, and continued speaking, "But when that swordsman smelled the fragrance on the girls, his expression changed drastically. He changed his manner from before and without a word, he pulled them into a room. He was skilled in martial arts, and it wasn't until I arrived in haste that I sent someone to barely subdue the swordsman."

"At the time, I asked the swordsman why he did such a thing. He had a mournful look on his face and said he was selling his life for his lord, who had little time left, and so before he died, he wanted to come to Yanyu Building to listen to some music and pass the remaining time."

"However, when he smelled 'Spring Mountain Empty', he felt it was very familiar and wanted to ask the girls something, which led him to make a rash move."