Chapter 87: What touched her then?

Ever since Xiao Jin entered the secret room, Ye Suyu had been waiting outside in the courtyard.

Although she was worried about Xiao Jin being alone inside, Shen Lan had him tied up, so she didn't think anything could go wrong.

After waiting for half an hour and with the sky growing darker, Ye Suyu became anxious and decided to investigate.

She got up from the stone steps, feeling the silver whip at her waist, and was about to enter the room when she saw Yin Zhu pushing Xiao Jin out.

Ye Suyu hurried over, signaled to Yin Zhu with her eyes, and took over the wheelchair to push Xiao Jin out.

It wasn't until they were out of the heavily guarded courtyard that Ye Suyu lowered her voice and asked, "Did her highness find out anything?"

There was silence for a moment before Xiao Jin replied.

Ye Suyu noticed that her complexion didn't look good under the moonlight.

She slowed down the wheelchair and said, "If her highness didn't find out, we can still keep him here and try again another day."

Xiao Jin shook her head. "I did find out."

Ye Suyu smiled. "I thought so too. With the soul incense burning in the furnace and Shen Lan not being a resolute person, he would eventually reveal something."

"Burning the soul incense is not difficult," Xiao Jin said, looking down at the shallow purple flower in his palm. "The key is to make Shen Lan unaware and to quietly put the soul incense into the secret room."

Ye Suyu pushed the wheelchair and praised Yin Zhu. "Yin Zhu is careful and has lived up to her highness's trust."

The small flower in Xiao Jin's hand lost its moisture and gradually withered. She let it go and placed it between her clothes, looking ahead without much interest in talking.

They walked in silence until they were almost at their residence when Xiao Jin suddenly mentioned a topic. "You weren't back yet during the Lantern Festival this year."

Ye Suyu didn't know why Xiao Jin was asking this, but she still answered, "Yes, I was in Yan Province at that time."

Xiao Jin remembered that on the day of the Lantern Festival, she had traveled to Qingzhou with the Governor Xu.

They had drunk some plum wine and leaned on the bridge made of white stones, watching the lanterns floating down the river.

She had forgotten most of the scenery from that time, but she remembered when the fireworks bloomed, everyone looked up at the fireworks in the sky, except for the person beside her, who smiled but didn't seem to be smiling.

The lanterns floated along the riverbank, and the changing light and shadow stained Chu Shao's sleeves red.

Countless worldly desires and noise passed her by, only fluttering the corners of her clothes, without changing anything or taking anything away.

Only the green waves still flowed to the east.

She looked at Chu Shao standing by the bridge and her expression, and suddenly felt that maybe this person had already been accustomed to everything in the world, which was why she could live as she pleased but was also more lonely.

Now recalling all of this, after the questioning just now, Xiao Jin learned that many years ago on the same day, Chu Shao had taken a dagger and killed Rong Lian with her own hands.

When listening to Shen Lan describe this, Xiao Jin's expression seemed calm, but she was actually a little shocked.

After all, she was a good young person in modern society. Even if she was daring and arrogant, she was fundamentally a modern person.