Chapter 83: It seems that the world is going to change

After speaking some sweet words, Xiao Jin didn't want to dwell on the matter anymore.

After all, the dream that Chu Shao had just mentioned made her feel suffocated.

The carriage moved slowly.

Although Xiao Jin was a bit nervous, she still gently held Chu Shao's hand and held it for a while.

Chu Shao didn't show any unusual behavior, but as the weather gradually became hotter, even holding a beautiful jade in her hand would make it sweaty.

Moreover, Xiao Jin was now in an ancient world.

The carriage was already stuffy and she couldn't break the etiquette.

She had to maintain the identity of the Prince Yan and wear cumbersome and heavy clothes.

Considering the climate and temperature, Xiao Jin held Chu Shao's hand for a while unnaturally.

After a moment, she let go of Chu Shao's hand and stared at the box emitting a bloody smell, and asked about the matter at hand, "What's inside this box, Princess?"

Chu Shao's palm still had some residual warmth, belonging to Xiao Jin's temperature.

She looked down at her own hand with some doubts.

It was just holding hands for a while, why did the warmth linger for so long?

Therefore, it was not until Xiao Jin asked for the second time that Chu Shao came back to her senses and smiled, "It's Mu Yuan's head."

"..."

Suddenly, the stuffiness in the carriage disappeared.

Xiao Jin couldn't help but feel a chill down her back when she realized that there was a bloody head next to her.

In order to confirm that she wasn't in a coma for too long and hallucinating, she repeated in a slow voice, "Mu Yuan's head?"

"It's Mu Yuan's head."

Okay, it seems like it's not a hallucination.

"If Your Highness is still worried about the Blood Rain Pavilion, you can personally confirm it." Chu Shao smiled and didn't notice anything unusual about Xiao Jin.

She even put her finger on the box and pretended to open it.

"No need." Xiao Jin quickly shook her head and stopped Chu Shao.

Suppressing the cold feeling in her heart, she coughed lightly twice and asked casually, "Why is Mu Yuan's head in the hands of the princess?"

In fact, what Xiao Jin wanted to ask more was that Mu Yuan was still in the capital a few days ago, wasn't he? Even if he was separated from his head, it wouldn't be so strange.

Chu Shao replied, "It's probably because the Blood Rain Pavilion felt guilty."

Xiao Jin became even more puzzled.

"What does Blood Rain Pavilion have to feel guilty about?"

Chu Shao explained in a soft voice, "After you met with Blood Rain Pavilion, Your Highness fainted for several days. Blood Rain Pavilion felt responsible and now they are offering Mu Yuan's head as a gesture of goodwill and apology."

Xiao Jin fell silent.

Because she was human and didn't believe in superstitions.

Could Blood Rain Pavilion really be so kind-hearted?

Perhaps it was the kind words of the gracious princess that forced Blood Rain Pavilion to make this compromise.

Xiao Jin had a guess in her heart and chose to ignore this doubt. She nodded and said, "They are wise."