Chapter 41: Thank you

The "Hehuan powder" lives up to its name and is a commonly used prop in ancient novels. It can appear in various forms, usually in the form of pills or powder. The Hehuan powder may be late, but it never misses an appointment.

Hearing the name, Xiao Jin, surrounded by the sweet and almost sticky fragrance in the hall, instantly understood everything. In the ancient world, what was supposed to happen would eventually happen.

It must be said that the Hehuan powder is indeed very effective, just as described in online novels. The system said it would trigger within five minutes, and it's probably not a spice, but some kind of infectious disease. However, even virus transmission cannot be that fast.

After hearing Xiao Jin's words, the Fourth Prince thought that her remark "You are asking for your own death" was a threat to him. He immediately laughed and said, "Brother, your words have left me completely puzzled. I just invited my sister-in-law for a chat, and you want to beat me up. I'm very aggrieved."

Aggrieved? Do you still think of yourself as a child?

Xiao Jin watched as the smoke rose from the copper furnace, and her blood pressure instantly skyrocketed. Although the Third Prince was already a foolish male supporting character in online novels, whoever used such despicable means would make her blood boil. Moreover, her current surge of blood was probably physiological, not psychological.

As the Hehuan powder was indeed a staple prop in online novels, even if she tried to suppress it, she still felt a little feverish and dry-lipped. In theory, the best thing for Xiao Jin to do right now was to leave the Prince's Mansion with Chu Shao as soon as possible. However, she endured the urge and slowly said to the Fourth Prince, "Come here."

Chu Shao smiled at Xiao Jin. If her feeling was correct, Xiao Jin's heartbeat seemed to be racing.

However, her words were still calm, as if nothing had happened.

Although the Fourth Prince did not understand why Xiao Jin wanted him to come over, he knew that the Hehuan powder was extremely powerful.

Even if Chu Shao was lucky enough to avoid it, Xiao Jin was seriously ill and could not escape this disaster. So the Fourth Prince stood up and walked to Xiao Jin's side with a smile, "I don't know why Third Brother has summoned me. What can I do for you?"

"Kneel down." Even though she had been affected by the Hehuan powder, Xiao Jin's breathing remained steady.

At this moment, the Fourth Prince was a little confused. Could it be that the old wang's fragrance was fake? 

But whether the Hehuan powder was real or fake, he could never kneel down in front of Xiao Jin.

The fourth prince snorted, "Third brother, we are both princes. If your subjects want to kneel, they should kneel to the emperor and the crown prince. Why should they kneel to you?"

Xiao Jin didn't get angry and calmly said, "You don't have to kneel, just bow your head and listen to what I have to say."

Although Fourth Prince was a bit skeptical of Xiao Jin's indifferent expression, he still slightly bowed his head to hear what Xiao Jin had to say.

But as soon as he lowered his head, he was puzzled by how Xiao Jin's eyelashes were longer than a woman's, and then she saw Xiao Jin slowly and deliberately take off the white jade finger guard on her hand.

Normally, Xiao Jin didn't like wearing finger guards and such things because she felt they were too restrictive and inconvenient.

However, this finger guard was a gift from Xiao Shuang, and the little maid had specially found it in the storeroom for her to wear when she met with Princess Zhao Yang.