Chapter 22: Overstepping Bounds

Xiao Jin looked at the snow-colored robe in Chu Shao's hands, with no expression on her face, but she always had a feeling that the other party was giving her a shroud to wear.

Certainly, the white peonies were beautiful, but they didn't match her at all.

Not to mention that the original owner's temperament had nothing to do with this flower, even she herself didn't want to wear this snow-white and gorgeous robe.

To put it nicely, it was ethereal and beautiful, but to put it bluntly, it was no different from a funeral shroud.

"This outfit suits your highness figure very well. If you are not convenient to change clothes, this princess can stay and help you."

Chu Shao seemed to be indifferent to Xiao Jin's cold expression, still wearing a gentle smile on her face, revealing a little expectation.

Xiao Jin's scalp tingled a bit, and she couldn't help rubbing her forehead: "Does the princess have black clothes prepared? I don't wear white in my daily life."

"Your highness, you may not know that the people all know you like dark colors. If you wear black clothes while sitting in a wheelchair, it is inevitable that you will attract attention. But if you wear a white robe and wrap this..."

Chu Shao took out a white silk gauze from the side, her eyelashes slightly trembling, her eyes containing a gentle smile, "At that time, the people will certainly not be suspicious."

Xiao Jin looked at the white silk for a moment, her eyebrows twitching.

At first, she thought this was a belt that Chu Shao had found for her, but then she thought that the other party was already holding a jade belt, so this thing was probably not a waistband.

Staring at the thin white silk for a long time, Xiao Jin suddenly thought of some scenes from xianxia novels where the female lead jumped on the Zhuxian Terrace.

If nothing unexpected happened, could this belt be... used to blindfold her?

Xiao Jin looked up at Chu Shao, and she wasn't very sure if the other party really meant that. What if she thought too much and it would be embarrassing later?

Chu Shao didn't let Xiao Jin be confused for too long. She gently looked into Xiao Jin's eyes and explained: "If you don't cover it with white silk, the your highness's eyes will be too conspicuous."

"Too conspicuous?"

Xiao Jin remained silent for a long time.

Eyes are on the face of a person, not to be conspicuous for what reason? If not conspicuous, would they show their nose, ears, mouth?

Just as Xiao Jin was confused, Chu Shao unexpectedly gave an earnest answer: "Yes, because your eyes are very beautiful."

Her lips were smiling, and she didn't feel at all out of place to say "beautiful eyes" to the Prince of Yan in Northern Qi.

In fact, Xiao Jin's eyes were indeed very attractive. They were like a furnace of icy fragrance, giving off a bone-chilling and cool feeling.

If these eyes were on a woman, they would likely be a disaster for the country.

On a man, they were too feminine, lacking in masculinity.

If Xiao Jin's status wasn't high enough now, she would probably be talked about behind her back: how could the formidable North Qi God of Slaughter have a pair of beautiful, slender, woman-like eyes?

However, Xiao Jin did not take Chu Shao's praise to heart. She believed that the purpose of Chu Shao presenting her with this white cloth was definitely not to help her disguise herself.