Chapter 128: I... caused harm to their family

After a night of treatment, the injuries of the Fifth Prince gradually stabilized.

The imperial physician managed to save his left hand, so it didn't need to be amputated entirely, but it was now immobile and at best a decoration.

The next day, due to the Fifth Prince's serious injuries, there were many guards stationed around the tent, each of them on high alert. Even a fly would find it difficult to enter through their defenses.

However, Chu Shao pushed the wheelchair with Xiao Jin and calmly walked to the side of the guards. She spoke in a gentle voice, "Her Royal Highness, the Prince of Yan, wishes to see the Fifth Prince."

The stationed guards exchanged glances. Even if they dared to stop Chu Shao, when they saw the person in black sitting in the wheelchair, they had to put away their weapons and salute with clasped fists. "This subordinate will go in and deliver the message."

Before long, a beautiful woman walked out from inside. She carried herself with grace, appearing like a lady from a prestigious family. However, her eyes were tinged with dark circles, and they seemed slightly red, as if she had just finished crying.

Seeing Xiao Jin and Chu Shao, the woman suppressed the trembling in her voice and respectfully greeted, "This cocunbine greets Her Royal Highness Yan and greets sister-in-law."

As Xiao Jin listened to the woman's voice, she finally remembered who she was—the one who sat next to the Fifth Prince during the banquet. She was most likely the Fifth Prince's consort.

It was somewhat absurd that the Fourth Prince, who was locked up in the ancestral house, hadn't even married yet, while the Fifth Prince had already married at such a young age.

Xiao Jin completely ignored the fact that if she hadn't forcefully taken the initiative to snatch him on the day of the Fourth Prince's wedding, the Fourth Prince probably wouldn't be so thoroughly abandoned.

Thinking this way, she nodded slightly and exchanged pleasantries, "Sister-in-law, please don't be polite."

The Fifth Prince's consort forced a smile and led Xiao Jin and Chu Shao into the tent, standing beside the bed.

Through a layer of white gauze, she softly spoke to the person lying on the bed, "Husband, Third Brother and Third Sister-in-law have come to see you."

The title "Third Brother" was the last time Xiao Jin had heard it, back when the Fourth Prince was still alive. Now hearing it from the Fifth Prince's consort, it inevitably brought a tinge of melancholy to her heart.

Understood.

Whoever calls her "Third Brother" will suffer.

The silver and embroidered dark patterned gauze resembled layers of flowing clouds, shielding the prying eyes of onlookers.

After a while, only a weak and hoarse voice could be heard, "Wife, please withdraw for now and let me have a private conversation with Third Brother and sister-in-law."

"Yes, I'll withdraw." The Fifth Prince's consort wiped her reddened eyes and walked out. When she reached the entrance of the tent, she turned her head to take a distant look before lowering her head and swiftly leaving.

Although Xiao Jin didn't know what the Fifth Prince wanted to discuss with her, the system had instructed her to save the Fifth Prince, claiming that there was still crucial information to be uncovered from him.

Now that the Fifth Prince dismissed his own wife, it definitely meant he had a secret to share with her.

Clearly, Chu Shao standing beside her also understood this.