Chapter 161: You... counterfeit!

The stone steps of Changle Palace were covered with a layer of green moss, soft and velvety, soaked in the morning dew day after day.

Under the deep night, palace servants silently pushed a wheelchair into the inner hall.

Xiao Jin had been using this bamboo wheelchair for a long time. Ever since she transmigrated into this world, she had replaced the original wooden wheelchair with a bamboo one. As a result, the color of the bamboo had become faded and worn.

Old Zhang had gently asked Xiao Jin if the prince wanted to replace it with a new one. Xiao Jin touched the armrest of the wheelchair and thought that there was no need. After spending so much time together, she had almost gotten used to its warmth.

Of course, there was another reason she didn't need to mention.

Thinking about Blood Rain Pavilion, thinking about the wheelchair, thinking about the warm embrace every time they held each other, unconsciously, Xiao Jin had already arrived inside the hall.

The palace servant who pushed the wheelchair had long since left, and only a dim and faint lamp remained in the hall, accompanied by a beautiful woman sitting under the light, drinking wine.

Unfortunately, the beauty's appearance was no longer what it used to be. Fine lines had formed at the corners of her eyes, and only the phoenix robe, red as if it bled, retained its bright color, shimmering with the patterns of phoenix wings under the candlelight.

Xiao Jin looked at the profile of Lu Wanchen and seemed to understand why things had come to this point. Her aunt still hadn't killed this person.

Without any adornments, merely observing from the side, there was indeed a resemblance in their charm to Princess Fengxuan.

Thinking of this, Xiao Jin found Emperor Qi's perverse taste more and more disgusting. He had gone to such lengths just to please Xiao Shuang.

"Who is it?" Lu Wanchen lifted her wine cup and looked up, only to see Xiao Jin. "It's Prince Yan. I didn't entertain you properly. Please have a seat."

Xiao Jin remained silent.

Sit? She already had a wheelchair. Where else did she need to sit?

Lu Wanchen soon realized her slip of the tongue and smiled, pursing her lips. "My mistake. I'm drunk and thought I was dreaming, dreaming of the young Prince Yan from childhood."

"At that time, you hadn't developed a leg ailment yet. You would often climb onto the roofs of various palaces, causing headaches for Princess Zhao Yang"

Xiao Jin said, looking at Lu Wanchen 's drunken state. "Empress Mother, I can order someone to prepare a sobering soup for you."

"A sobering soup? You actually want to prepare a sobering soup for me?" Lu Wanchen found it amusing, laughing so much that she almost dropped the cup on the table.

Xiao Jin replied indifferently, "If you sober up a bit, perhaps you'll remember the evil deeds you've done in the past."

"Evil deeds... I've done too many evil deeds. Which one does Prince Yan want me to remember? Is it killing your birth mother or almost causing the death of your Princess Zhao Yang aunt?"

Xiao Jin knew that Lu Wanchen was trying to provoke her, so she smiled and said, "Neither of those."

"Today, I met someone. She said her name is Zhao Wanqing, and she was once acquainted with Zhao Yiran, just like you. She asked me to kill you because you killed her sister in order to gain the support of Prince Shen," Xiao Jin continued.

Boom!

It sounded as if a bone had snapped in half. The sound of the porcelain cup shattering was clear.