Chapter 138:【Highlighted】Zhao Yang CP related, clean party members do not enter

Due to the critical illness of the
Emperor Qi, it was naturally impossible to transfer him back.

However, a large group of imperial physicians was called from the capital to diagnose and treat him overnight.

The Crown Prince and the concubines were all attending to the emperor's illness, but Cocunbine Shu went to Xiao Shuang's camp for some reason. It seemed like they were discussing something.

On Xiao Jin and Chu Shao's side, they were currently waiting in the mansion built by Prince Shen near the hunting grounds.

Xiao Qing was in front, holding a palace lamp and searching for something in the study.

Xiao Qing held the lamp and tears welled up in her eyes in the candlelight. "Third Brother, before Father left, did he tell you the exact location of the hidden letter?"

"No," Xiao Jin replied.

Xiao Jin recalled the situation earlier. "At that time, Auntie was by the side, and Uncle Shen didn't dare to say too much. He only asked me to take good care of you."

"He mentioned in passing that there is a secret chamber through the study in the mansion, and the things are in a box."

"But where is the secret chamber?" Xiao Qing was on the verge of tears.

Xiao Jin fell silent.

Prince Shen is your father, not mine.

You're asking me, but I also want to ask you.

Chu Shao stood on the side, but instead of rushing to find the secret chamber, she used the light of the palace lamp to observe the objects placed on the table and bookshelf.

While observing, she smiled and said to Xiao Jin, "I think there are quite a few vases in this study."

Xiao Jin also noticed this. "We can try and see if we can lift these vases."

The hidden chambers in online novels are usually mystical.

Prince Shen placed so many vases as decorations in the study, and they appeared smooth and well-maintained, indicating that they were valuable antiques.

In that case, he must have liked collecting antique vases. Perhaps the key to opening the secret chamber was hidden under one of the vases.

Chu Shao and Xiao Qing tried to lift the vases.

The vases were not particularly large, and their necks and bodies were of moderate length.

Xiao Qing could barely lift them by tiptoeing.

They tried many vases, but when Xiao Qing tried to lift a vase with intricate patterns and a wide mouth, she exerted all her strength but couldn't move it.

Xiao Jin and Chu Shao exchanged glances, knowing that Xiao Qing must have found the mechanism.

Chu Shao understood and came to the side of the vase, reaching out and turning it around.

As Chu Shao rotated the vase, the bookshelf on the right side of the study gradually moved to the other side, revealing a hidden passage without light.

The design of the mechanism was extremely simple.

Through the secret passage, the three of them could directly see the hidden chamber Prince Shen mentioned and the things placed inside.

Prince Shen had many things stored in the hidden chamber: a portrait of the late Empress, the phoenix crown and red wedding veil worn on the wedding day, and some aged wine brought back from a certain place.