Chapter 42: You're ruthless

Blood flowed down the skin.

It burst open from the cut, like a fractured white wall.

The long, straight gash was like a bursting dam, and the blood snaked down, following the arc of the wrist and spreading over the cold, desolate snow.

Chu Shao just watched silently, not saying a word.

In fact, her heart was beating very fast.

It was so fast that everything she could see seemed to be interwoven with red and white. She could hardly distinguish whether her emotions were filled with pleasure or inexplicable sadness.

The vague melody of a song rang in her ears again.

Underfoot, it felt like stepping on soft silk, being wrapped up in excitement effortlessly. But her feet sank into it, and were stained by the wet blood, losing the pleasure that was initially gained.

Chu Shao didn't know why she was feeling pleasure or sadness.

She just let her body fall and sink, until a very restrained voice pulled her back to reality.

"Don't come over."

The weightless feeling of falling suddenly disappeared.

Chu Shao came to her senses, still a little dazed.

Because she was squatting in front of Xiao Jin, tightly holding her wrist.

The body temperature in her palm was abnormally hot, even hotter than the breath that Xiao Jin exhaled as she turned her head.

After landing, everything became clear again.

Chu Shao could even see a faint redness spreading over the pale skin, and the faint blue veins on Xiao Jin's wrist.

Those veins were like seaweed growing on the seabed, spreading freely during high tide, but the body was slender and fragile.

When she held it in her hand, with just a little force, she could easily cut off her life.

It was beautiful, and it made her gaze at it for a long time, feeling truly happy.

Chu Shao has always liked fragile and beautiful things, which is not surprising.

But she didn't expect that when she held Xiao Jin's wrist, the trembling of her heart almost drowned out her own breathing.

She knew what she wanted to see. She wanted to see something strong and beautiful become broken and turn into dust flying in the wind.

At the same time, she wanted to seduce the person who resisted and make them give up everything they once stood for.

Chu Shao has always believed in herself.

Because if she wanted to do something, she would do it.

On the other hand, after giving herself a cut, Xiao Jin's consciousness did temporarily return to her.

Her reason for cutting her arm was simple.

Although she couldn't escape the classic trope in this dog-eat-dog world, she was not one to give up easily.

When she entered the prince's mansion earlier, Xiao Jin considered that if Chu Shao really maimed the fourth prince, things would be difficult to resolve. With this premise, Old Zhang entering would be tantamount to suicide.

With these two factors combined, she ultimately chose to enter the hall alone.

However, she was not really alone because she had made arrangements and wisely kept a backup plan.