Chapter 59: Isn't this better?

The next day, they went to the Moon Palace.

Xiao Shuang leaned on the bed, playing chess with Shufei sitting opposite her.

After playing for a while, she casually made a move, sealing off the white chess piece's last retreat.

Shufei focused on the chessboard for a moment, then made a move and smiled softly, "Your Highness, you have calculated every step, and I have lost."

Xiao Shuang looked up at the noble consort and said indifferently, "It's not because of our calculations that you lost, but because your moves were disordered, and your mind was not on the game."

Shufei was slightly startled, feeling that Xiao Shuang's words had a deeper meaning.

She then gathered the chess pieces and said softly, "I should have played with Your Highness wholeheartedly, but rumors and gossip have been rampant lately, and they have made me feel a little troubled."

"If you feel troubled, you can kill them."

Xiao Shuang spoke casually as she gathered the chess pieces.

Her tone was very plain, as if killing someone was as simple as eating or drinking.

In fact, it was exactly like that.

She was the Princess Zhao Yang of the Qi Country, and if anyone offended her, they really only had one way out.

At this moment, Princess Zhao Hua was sitting on another bed, playing with her fan listlessly.

When she heard Xiao Shuang's words, she looked at her helplessly and said, "Sister, please don't talk about killing people so casually. Be careful, as walls have ears... Moreover, the rumors and gossip that the noble consort just mentioned may be related to Jiner."

Xiao Shuang smiled faintly and asked knowingly, "Oh? What does that have to do with Jiner?"

Zhao Hua thought to herself that this was something everyone in the palace knew.

But she understood that Xiao Shuang wanted her to say it out loud and let Shufei hear it.

"If Jiner wants to find trouble for her own princess, it's fine to beat Xiao Yi. Now that she has followed Chu Shao to Qingzhou and hasn't returned to the palace even for the New Year, it's really..."

At this point, Zhao Hua paused for a moment.

Then, as if remembering something, she said coldly, "Don't just let Shufei feel cold, even I think Jiner is too mischievous and has been spoiled too much!"

Shufei's face also looked a bit unpleasant.

After all, although Xiao Jin was not her biological daughter, she had taken care of her with all her heart and effort.

Even if she was raised like a wolf cub, she was probably already grown up, but Xiao Jin's attitude towards her had always been lukewarm.

It was not enthusiastic, nor was it indifferent. The formalities on the surface were done, but it was not the attitude of treating a mother.

Thinking of this, Shufei sighed, "If Luo Mei were still here, Jiner's temperament would probably be much better. After all, it was the incident back then that caused this. Otherwise..."

Xiao Shuang suddenly spoke, interrupting Shufei's words, "There is no need to mention the past. The people that can be killed have all been killed by the imperial palace. As for those who cannot be killed, they will also die in the future."

"People will die eventually, there's no rush for now." Xiao Shuang put the last chess piece in the chess box and smiled as she spoke.

Her tone was light, but it made Shufei hear a bit of chill.