Chapter 158: I did not kill your men

"You're saying that the Princess killed several of the Crown Prince's men all at once?" 

Old Zhang looked at Xiao Jin sitting in the wheelchair, afraid to answer casually. He carefully considered his words and said, "In general... yes, that's what happened."

Xiao Jin was somewhat surprised, but it wasn't too surprising.

She assumed that the Crown Prince wouldn't dare to do anything to Chu Shao, so she decided to first find out what exactly happened. "The Princess couldn't have killed the Crown Prince's men without reason. Did the Crown Prince provide any explanation?"

"He didn't."

After listening to Old Zhang's words, Xiao Jin understood the situation.

Well, it made sense. If Shao'er wanted to kill someone, she didn't need a reason. Of course, she could understand Chu Shao's mood.

Because when playing single-player games and reaching the endgame, it does get boring to death. Not to mention killing NPCs on the map, sometimes she even had to slap passing dogs.

Moreover, the original male lead in the novel was truly despicable.

And it just so happened that Bai Zheng also hinted to her before that there was still some remaining poison in the original owner's body that hadn't been identified.

Combining that information with what Ye Juege revealed, the prime suspect was undoubtedly the Crown Prince, who had a good relationship with the original owner and was deeply trusted by her.

Thinking about all this, Xiao Jin felt it was necessary to meet the Crown Prince. So she said to Old Zhang, "Pick a few clean clothes and go to the Eastern Palace."

"Alright..." Old Zhang, with a smile on his face, agreed. Just as he was about to respond, he froze.

Wait, why did the Prince ask him to bring some clean clothes?

Old Zhang secretly glanced at Xiao Jin's robe but couldn't figure out anything.

So he had to gather his courage and ask, "Your Highness, if I may ask, the clothes I was instructed to bring, should I bring yours, or...?"

"Of course, bring the Princess's clothes."

Xiao Jin looked at Old Zhang and found the question quite inexplicable. "The Princess killed some of the Crown Prince's men, and her clothes must be dirty. Shouldn't we replace them with some clean clothes?"

"..."

Old Zhang was silenced by Xiao Jin's peculiar focus and took a while to regain his senses. "Yes, I will take care of it right away!"

.... 

In the rooster hour, the Eastern Palace.

Seeing the faintly yellowish sky, the palace attendants were considerate and presented several dishes to the two seated at the table.

They were served in small dishes resembling bowls, looking exquisite and appetizing.

However, the Crown Prince sat in his high seat and didn't touch his chopsticks. Chu Shao, seated below, merely smiled and showed no intention of eating.

What made the palace attendants embarrassed was that Chu Shao's robe was covered in bloodstains, emitting an unmistakable smell of blood throughout the entire hall.

Moreover, the master of the Eastern Palace remained sitting in his position, not even furrowing his brow.

After a while, the Crown Prince spoke gently, "Third Sister-in-law, I have prepared some women's clothes. If you don't mind, I will instruct Lianxin to take you to the side hall to change."