Chapter 90: How did the two Tangs come here?

Capital City , Menghua Palace.

Cocunbine Mu lifted her teacup and looked up at the fourth prince pacing back and forth in the hall.

Although she had been demoted to Noble Cocunbine, her every move still exuded grace and elegance, without any sign of sorrow.

Seeing Cocunbine Mu still had the mood to drink tea, the fourth prince couldn't help but whisper, "Mother, the Mu family is facing this disaster, on the verge of collapse. Why aren't you in a hurry?"

Saying this was a real complaint.

Cocunbine Mu took a sip of tea and glanced at him, "What's the use of being in a hurry? Can being in a hurry bring back your uncle's soul from the underworld?"

The Fourth Prince looked at Cocunbine Mu, at a loss for words.

After a while, he sneered, "What the mother said is true. Even if I die of anxiety here today, it will be of no use in the end. But, don't forget..."

"If it weren't for your uncle going to the Blood Rain Pavilion to provoke those people in the Jianghu, how could he have been randomly retaliated against and ended up in such a state, causing the Mu family to be implicated."

Bang-

Cocunbine Mu's face changed slightly, and she slammed the teacup heavily on the small table.

Looking at her incompetent son, she rebuked, "Shut up! Don't you know why your uncle went to find those people in the Jianghu? Wasn't it to help you deal with the Prince Yan?"

The Fourth Prince sneered, "Mother, don't try to deceive me. I've known for a long time that Uncle was not entirely focused on helping me, but rather out of fear."

Cocunbine Mu narrowed her eyes, "What is he afraid of? Your uncle is a Minister household department assistant, what's there to fear?"

The Fourth Prince smiled and replied, "Of course, there's nothing to fear about Uncle. But Grandfather is afraid. He holds the position of prime minister but is afraid that the Governor of Qingzhou has evidence of his past embezzlement, corruption, and harming colleagues."

"In the past, they were not afraid of him and thought that Governor Xu, was just a small figure. They didn't care and repeatedly suppressed him, hoping to slowly wear him down."

"But when they heard that Xiao Jin was closely associated with Governor Xu, they panicked. They were afraid that he would defect to Xiao Jin and reveal some unspeakable secrets."

Cocunbine Mu became angry and said, "Xiao Yi, what are you saying? Even if your grandfather and uncle feared the Prince Yan, they still eliminated the Qin mother and daughter for your sake."

The Fourth Prince nodded, "Yes, Uncle and Grandfather used my assassination as an excuse to let Blood Rain Pavilion kill the Qin mother and daughter."

"In fact, they secretly ordered Blood Rain Pavilion to destroy the account book. They planned it perfectly, but unfortunately, the people didn't die, and the account book wasn't destroyed. Instead, Uncle lost his life."

Cocunbine Mu looked at her son's mocking expression and raised her voice, "Xiao Yi, listen to yourself! Regardless of what your uncle and grandfather did, they did it for you in the end!"

"What a 'for me'!"

The Fourth Prince looked at Cocunbine Mu and almost burst out laughing, "Mother, you always say that they did these things for my own good...but in the end, what have I gained?"

He walked up to Cocunbine Mu and said softly, "Grandfather made me pretend to be a foolish and overbearing person to lower the Crown Prince's vigilance. He did it for my own good."