Chapter 27: Who are you?

Beneath the nine-story building, the sound of the pipa gradually became more intense.

The melody played was like the clash of silver spears and curved swords, breaking through the enemy's formation with cavalry and soldiers, creating an increasingly tense atmosphere.

The excitement was all from the spectators below, while the silence belonged to Xiao Jin.

Although she was in a spacious and quiet area separated by several floors and a veil covering her face, Xiao Jin still felt like she had nowhere to hide.

Some people are alive but have already died socially.

If it was just a second of social death, Xiao Jin could console herself and think of it as a small setback in her journey through the novel.

However, she did not forget that damn system, which had added 12 hours of benefits to her.

Silence, a long silence.

Bai Zheng looked at the woman in the wheelchair, her emotions fluctuating, feeling complex.

She originally thought that this person had nothing to do with Xiao Jin, but then remembered what she had said to her a few days ago and decided to probe further.

Although she knew that the woman's eyes were covered with white cloth and probably couldn't see, Bai Zheng inexplicably saw Xiao Jin's shadow on her.

Therefore, she smiled and her voice became gentle as she greeted her, "From your accent, it's hard to tell where you're from. But when I saw you today, I felt very close to you, like we've known each other for a long time. I just don't know where you came from and how you ended up in this Yanyu Building."

Xiao Jin knew that the classic scene of checking one's identity was coming.

Because she had anticipated this scene, she wasn't very panicked at the moment and planned to just say a few words to get it over with.

After all, whether she and Bai Zheng would have another chance to meet was still unknown. As long as she could get through this current situation, everything would be fine.

However, as she was about to speak, Xiao Jin suddenly realized that the system had given her a speech impediment.

Her calm and composed expression froze on her face. She hesitated and hesitated again, but she couldn't come up with a plausible backstory.

After a moment, Xiao Jin realized that she really couldn't speak and gave up altogether because she didn't have the courage to die twice.

As Xiao Jin was quietly pondering where to find a black hole to hide in, the mechanical voice sounded again: "Su Tan's favorability towards the host is ≥15, satisfying the conditions for triggering the 'release' plot."

Xiao Jin was surprised that Su Tan could help her out.

As it turned out, there really was such a good thing.

Su Tan stood by, silently observing Xiao Jin with a cold gaze, struggling to hold back her laughter.

As a doctor, she naturally knew that certain medicines could change one's voice, but she didn't know what kind of medicine Xiao Jin had taken to achieve her current tone.

"Congratulations, player! Su Tan's favorability +10."

Thinking about the indescribable voice that Xiao Jin had just made, Su Tan inexplicably felt some sympathy towards her.

So Su Tan forced down the corners of her mouth that had been raised, bowed to Bai Zheng with a polite gesture, and explained for Xiao Jin: "Miss Bai, my young miss is reserved by nature and not good at talking with others, so I have come to answer for her."