Chapter 38: The Last Straw

As a good young person of the 21st century, Xiao Jin has always upheld the principles of sexual and romantic orientation towards both genders and towards paper (inanimate objects).

Although she had been single for twenty years due to her ability, and had only briefly loved a few paper dolls, her love history could be described as a blank slate.

But at this moment, she really wanted to say to Xiao Shuang, "Auntie, love knows no gender."

Unfortunately, the term "sexual orientation" did not exist in ancient times, so Xiao Jin couldn't explain it to Xiao Shuang.

After thinking for a while, she couldn't come up with any good wording anyway.

So Xiao Jin simply gave up and seriously told Xiao Shuang, "Auntie, I'm not interested in people."

Xiao Shuang: "......"

If it weren't for Xiao Jin's calm expression and serious tone, she would have almost thought that the other party was teasing her.

After listening to this, Xiao Shuang asked expressionlessly, "You're not interested in people, then why did you snatch Fourth Brother's bride? Isn't Chu Shao a person too?"

Xiao Jin fell silent.

Because to her, Chu Shao was not really a person.

However, it was difficult for Xiao Jin to explain this to Xiao Shuang.

She looked at Xiao Shuang, hesitating to speak, and finally shut up. Because as long as she didn't speak, she would never make any mistakes.

Xiao Shuang looked at Xiao Jin's appearance of not wanting to say much, and felt that although this woman had lost the use of her legs after returning from Yao country, her spirit was still high, and her character was still as wild as before.

But she didn't know whether this was a good thing or a bad thing.

Considering that there were not many people in the world who dared to argue with her, and that Xiao Jin had also contracted a cough, Xiao Shuang stopped blaming her too much.

Rubbing her forehead, Xiao Shuang changed the subject, "Forget it, although what you did was stupid, if you want to marry Chu Shao, go ahead. The palace will not bother with it anymore, consider it as congratulating you. If Chu Shao can really improve your illness, then she has some use."

Xiao Jin nodded.

It had to be said that Xiao Shuang guessed it right. Chu Shao was indeed the key to extending her lifespan.

However, Xiao Shuang's next words made Xiao Jin a little confused.

"Since you insist on taking Chu Shao as your first wife, then you can only make Shen Shuang, the daughter of the Minister of War, your second wife."

Xiao Jin was taken aback and instinctively asked, "Who?"

Xiao Shuang knew that Xiao Jin had always had a poor memory and never put anyone besides the Crown Prince in her eyes.

It was within her expectations that the other party did not remember the daughter of Minister Shen. But Xiao Jin's casual nature inevitably made her frown slightly, and her voice became colder, "The eldest daughter of the Shen family, Shen Shuang."

This made Xiao Jin instantly understand.

It was normal not to know her name when it was so common.

Anyway, with the original owner's character, it was reasonable for her to do anything, so Xiao Jin's tone was calm as she tentatively asked, "The first talented woman in the capital?"