A Long Way Away From Home

Once Upon A Time S2

25-05-2023

•••

Eyes narrowed, fingertips gently brushing against the point of the arrow. The wind was silently bristling around her, her hair blowing against her cheek now and then. She stared, determined at the prey before her.

Taking a small, easy breath, the young girl lifted her arms, gently. Positioning herself, she watched the dear for a moment before finally letting go of the arrow.

A loud thump echoed just a few minutes after, proving that the dear was now dead. Throwing her arms down, the girl let out a proud huff, moving quickly to the animal.

Throwing the bow over her shoulder, she pulled the arrow from its side, wiping it before she threw it back in the small ouch in her back. With a small grunt, she threw the dear over her shoulder before beginning her way through the large forest again.

•••

Looking down at the map in her hands, the young girl narrowed her eyes slightly, her tatty brown locks brushing against her face.

Finally pulling her eyes away, she glanced around at the empty road. Only a sign in sight.

Welcome To
Storybrooke Mane

With a small sigh, she folded the map carefully, tucking it in the inside of her cloak before following the long, dark road.

After a long walk, the young girl reached, what looked to be some sort of town. There were buildings everywhere, different sizes.

People were walking around her, carelessly along the streets. She narrowed her eyes, confused about how they dressed.

What sort of Kingdom is this? The girl thought, beginning her way down the empty road. As she walked by, the few people around her gave her a few curious stares. Not only by the fact she was walking in the middle of the road but more by her clothes.

The girl only wore a long pair of pants, tightly fitted around her legs, and a long shirt, with short sleeves, stopping just at her upper thigh. The cloak she had on was a brown, washed-out-looking style. It had patches of different coloured clothing stitched around it, looking old and mended.

She had a bag draped over her shoulder, hanging loosely by her side. Attached to it, was a water satchel.

As she was too in her world, she heard a sudden honking sound. Confused, the girl turned, her eyes widened as a bright light hit her face. The sound only got louder, the more she stood. She couldn't. Her body seemed to have betrayed her, growing tense as the glowing lights grew closer.

Closing her eyes, awaiting whatever tragedy was about to occur, the girl felt herself being pushed out of the way. The car drove past, honking loudly at the girl, which didn't seem to help the throbbing pain in her head.

She gave a small grunt, holding her head tightly, as though it would help ease the pain.

"Are you alright?" A voice echoed from beside her. Looking up, the girl hissed slightly, staring up at the mystery saviour. She didn't answer them, just staring cluelessly, the pain growing worse. "Here." A hand reached out to her, causing her body to flinch the slightest. The man gave her a confused look, though not moving. Slowly, the girl took his hand, quickly taking her stance again. "Are you alright?" He asked again, his more clear to the girl.