Untold Secrets

TRIGGER WARNING
(( Death & Violence ))

•••

The Enchanted Forest -
- 35 Years Ago -
1978

Robin Hood raised his cup, smiling widely to his friends. "A toast, to the man of honour!" He cheered, catching the groups attention. They were sat around in an old, but large tavern. "To my, not so little brother, Happy Birthday."

Jackson smiled, his arm wrapping around the small blonde next to him. The group of men raised their drinks, each of them hitting each others, everyone laughing when their beer spilt a little.

"Here." Jackson looked over to his friend, Friar Tuck, taking the small, wrapped gift from him.

"Honestly, boys. You didn't have to." The beckoned for him to open it, as it was from all of them. Jackson thought it would be the same as it was every year, an ouch of galleons. One they had stolen, no doubt. Opening the gift, the boy stared down at it, his face surprised.

"So, what do you think?" Jackson was completely speechless, his eyes set on the ring in his hand. "I thought you'd want it, since you didn't really know our father that well."

"But, he passed it to you?"

Robin waved his hand, shrugging. "I don't need it. He would have wanted you to have it."

Without thinking, Jackson pulled himself from his seat, rounding the table. Robin smiled, holding his brother close as they hugged each other. "Thank you, brother."

He pulled away, quickly sliding the ring on his second finger. Just then, a figure appeared behind the lad, Jackson turning with narrowed eyes.

Once he caught who it was standing there, the lads face dropped. The woman behind him, Evangeline froze, her own eyes widening. "Jackson." The man smirked, his eyes falling on the woman behind them. "Sweetheart." Jackson immediately straightened himself, moving closer to the man.

"What do you want, Francis?"

"I've come to congratulate you." He patted the young lads shoulder, his grip harsh. "It's not everyday one gets engaged to the most beautiful soul, in all the kingdom."

Evangeline took a stand, still standing behind her fiancé as she turned to the man. "Darling, he's not worth it." She whispered, holding his arm to pull him away.

Jackson stayed quiet, sending the man one last look, before he turned back to the table. Francis turned to Evangeline, smirking as he looked her figure up and down. "You could have had it all, Evie-"

"Don't call me that."

"But, instead you chose to live the rest of your days with this scum." Robin, who had been invested in the entire conversation, quickly took a stand. Jackson moved to stop him, not being the one for any confrontation. Will followed, glaring daggers at him.

"I suggest you leave, mate."

Francis raised his arms, laughing as he looked between the three men. "Just thought I'd engage in polite conversation." As he went to walk away, Francis looked back to the woman. "When you finished, playing family, I'll be waiting."