Into The Deep

"T-They're alive! They're alive!"

Lifting her head from the pillow, Brooklyn stared at her nephew, eyes narrowed.

David jumped from his seat, joining the two on the bed. "Who? Who's alive?"

"My mom and Snow!" At the sudden news, David's whole being beamed. He smiled down at the boy, grabbing his hand, excitedly.

"I told you, kid. I told you!" Henry gave the man a wide grin of his own, not able to control his body as he jumped from slight adrenaline.

"But, was it that woman you saw? Did she tell you this?"

"Her names Aurora. She said they have a way home. But, there's someone in their way. Someone, they need us to help them stop." Henry began ranting, looking between the three as he did so. "Someone, only Mr Gold knows how to defeat."

"Who?" The woman asked, leaning forward when her son turned to her.

"Your mother." Regina's face dropped, suddenly wide awake. She took a moment, swallowing the dry lump in her throat, before speaking.

"Are you sure?" Henry only nodded, giving the woman all she needed to know. Almost instantly, Regina moved from the chair, grabbing her jacket. Without another word, she walked out of the room, leaving the three, confused.

•••

After Regina's quick visit, she and Gold, as well as the small family had made their way over to the man's shop.

Henry was lying down on the bed, quiet as they waited for Regina. She had left just as they arrived, indicating she needed to grab something quickly before they started.

Speaking of, the woman had just walked in, holding a blue, printed blanket. She smiled down at her son, beginning to wrap him under it. "I brought your blanket, from you bedroom back home."

"Thanks." He looked up at the woman, speaking again when they all joined the two. "So, Cora, she's pretty powerful?"

"Yes, but, uh..not as powerful as I am." Gold joked, his comment truthful though, as he tried to lighten the boys mood.

Regina, however, scoffed at the man. "Debatable."

"Actually, no, it's not." Rolling her eyes, Brooklyn stepped away from the group, making sure to listen in, as she took in all the peculiar objects around them.

David sighed, sitting next to his grandson. The man gently grabbed his shoulders, a serious tone to his voice.  "You sure your okay to do this, kid?"

"I was born to do this. I'm don't reading about heroes. I wanna be one."

Brooklyn smiled at the boys innocence, keeping her eyes on the small compass she held.

"Well, sometimes being one is knowing when not to run into the fire."

"I'll be okay." Henry have his grandfather a reassuring look, Gold interrupting them before he could say anything else.

"Look, whatever he faces in there, will be far less dangerous than what he will face if we fail."

"I can do this." Henry pushed, slightly annoyed by the lack of belief they have in him. David stayed quiet, unable to stop his worrying cloud his judgement. He took a minute, looking at his grandson, before reluctantly moving away, again. The man looked at Gold, a threatening look on his face.

"Get on with it. Fast." Moving to behind the two, he rejoined his daughter, who herself, wasn't paying much attention.

Narrowing her eyes, Brooklyn quietly stepped aside, completely zoning out everyone else as she did so. On one of the many drawers, laid a small, wooden toy. It was a doll. The longer she stared, the more confused she was. She could have sworn she recognised it, but couldn't pin on when exactly.