The Cricket Game

"Okay, you've been here a couple weeks now, and still haven't tried a taco?" Henry looked up at his aunt, eyes dramatically wide. Taking out her Keys, Emma laughed as she set down her grocery bags to open the door. Brooklyn just shrugged, leaning her back against the small railing. "How? Tacos are the best food to ever exist."

"You said the same thing, when you made me try pop tarts."

The boy opened his mouth to speak, thinking over it for a moment. Emma looked at her son, unable to hold her laughter as his face. "Okay, I take that back. Pop tarts for the win."

Shaking her head, Brooklyn stifled a small smile as her sister finally opened the door. As she was grabbing her bags, Henry gave the young girl a cheeky grin. "Your gonna love em'." He quickly ran inside, the two following shortly with the rest of the bags.

Mary Margaret and David both stayed behind as the three went shopping, seeing as they hadn't woke up yet.

"Hey, guess what? Taco shells were on sale." He stopped in front of his grandparents bed, a confused expression.

"Apparently, tacos, not a big item in the enchanted-"

"What are you guys still doing in bed? It's the middle of the afternoon." Henry asked, the two finally joining them all. Both sisters had complete shock written in their faces, looking more distraught as they faced their parents.

Holding her blanket up to her chin, Mary Margaret spoke.
"The trip back was tiring, and I needed to rest."

"And I, uh, needed to..help her rest." David explained, the two looking over at the daughters, feeling more embarrassed at the expressions.

"Uh..let's go make the tacos. Uh, we have to, make a lot. Because there's gonna be a ton of people at Granny's..welcome back party tonight." Henry smiled, taking his bags over to the kitchen, as the two sisters stayed put, facing their parents.

"We thought you were gonna be back later."

"Yeah, we'll we weren't. So, maybe next time you can put a tie on the door, or send a text, or.." Emma stopped herself, looking over to her sister for help. The girl didn't even bother to look back, as she was still staring at her parents in shock. "You know what? I'm-I'm gonna go make some tacos." With that, Emma quickly walked toward the open kitchen, face cringing as she replayed the image of her parents in her head again.

David and Mary Margaret both looked over to their youngest, sending her a small smile. The two trying their best not to laugh.

Finally snapping out of her shock, Brooklyn took a step back. "Excuse me, while I go throw up my intestines."

Turning around, the girl dropped her bags on the counter, almost tripping on one of the stools as she rushed to the bathroom.

David smiled, watching their daughter begin to prep the food. "It's impressive that we can still provide Emma with a few traumatic childhood memories, at this stage of the game." He looked down at his wife, both of them smirking. Brooklyn walked back into the kitchen, her face holding a look of grimace as she caught her mothers eyes. Brooklyn, in the other hand..I understand."

David smirked, the two sharing a quiet laugh with each other before he eventually got out of the bed.

•••

Everyone was now stood in Granny's, for Emma and Mary Margaret's welcome home party. The family had just walked in, each smiling at the sudden welcome from their close friends.

Brooklyn sighed, pulling her shirt down as she walked over to the counter. They each greeted one another, laughter booming in the air. As they were talking, David stood before them all, tapping his beer glass with a spoon to grab their attention. "I just, uh, wanted to thank you all for joining us tonight. Uh, Mary Margaret and I, we have a saying, that we will always find each other. And, while I believe that with, all my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say..here's to not having to look for a while." They all raised the glasses, laughing at the man's joke. Brooklyn smiled between her parents, seeing the love they had for each other so clear.