Bleeding Through

Brooklyn stumbled downstairs, her hair a little messy, her eyes red from the tiredness. She looked up, seeing both her parents sat on the couch. David had a newspaper in his hand, Mary Margaret reading through her book. "Morning." The woman beamed, Brooklyn groaning a little as she manoeuvred her way over to the kitchen. Since she had woken up quite late this morning, David had left her breakfast on the side, knowing they didn't have time to cook for when she woke up, and the two still didn't trust her using the oven whilst alone.

Mary Margaret went back to her book, suddenly remembering. "Oh! Your friend, Jackson, left his gloves here last night."

She nodded, taking a bite of her bacon. "I'll return them in a bit." She saw her father was about to object to this, but cut him off quickly. "If Zelena wanted to kill me, she'd have done it by now. The only reason she's tried to, is because of this magic I have." She looked at them both. "Which, I have no intention of using, by the way." David gave his wife an unsure look, the woman staying quiet. "Look, I have been stuck inside like a prisoner for over a week now. And, the only time I do go outside, is when I'm with somebody. You guys have to start trusting that I can take care of myself."

The two stayed silent, making her silently hope her small speech worked. Taking another minute, Mary Margaret sighed, placing the book on her lap. "She's right. David, we can't keep her in here forever. She's nineteen, and can take care of herself. I think, the only reason we've held on is because we're scared that you're actually growing up." She told the girl, Brooklyn rolling her eyes a little, taking another bite of her food. "Besides, we haven't really heard much from Zelena since the fight."

The two looked at the man, Brooklyn hoping that he would finally agree, and let her have some more freedom. David slowly nodded, Brooklyn smiling happily at her new victory.

•••

"Rob, I've lost my gloves."  Jackson searched through one of the chests, his brother ignoring his dramatic attitude, continuing his conversation with his friend. They could hear somethings being thrown around, the older brother sighing as he turned to face the younger man.

"Jack, do you mind? We have just cleaned everything up." The man complained, beginning to pick everything up after his brother. "If you haven't found them by now, then you've im misplaced them." Jackson rolled his eyes, moving to one of the tents, throwing whatever was in there out of it. "Jack!"

"They were here yesterday. I am sure of it." Growing annoyed, Robin decided to leave him to it. Jackson noticed this, crawling back out of the tent with a glare. "Robin!"

"What!?" He asked, using the same tone as his brother, only making him huff in frustration.

Just then, a cough came from behind them all. Turning around, all the men looked across the campsite, each holding their own smirk once they saw the young, familiar girl stood there. Brooklyn kept her eyes on the youngest man, unable to hold her amusement. "Oh, don't stop on my account. I was just enjoying the show."

"I'll be with you in just a minute, M'Lady." Jackson turned back to the tent, his head set on finding the missing gloves.

"Perhaps I could help?"

"No, it's alright. I've got it." He glanced up at her for a second, seeing her stood more serious. Brooklyn crossed her arms, raising her brows as she stared at the man. Before Robin could yell at his brother, they watched as she threw something at him. Jackson held the back of his head, looking behind him, his eyes widening.

"What?" He questioned, grabbing the gloves quickly. Brooklyn only smirked, earning a few whistles from around the camp. With a small huff, the man stood up, his eyes set on the girl as he walked up to her, ignoring the knowing looks from his friends. "Forgive me?" Gently taking the girls hand, he pressed a soft kiss on her knuckles, Brooklyn holding her giddiness.