Unwanted Pasts

The Enchanted Forest -
28 Years Ago
1983

Everything you know. Everything you loved, could be ripped from you in a matter of seconds. Everything you think you had, could vanish in a second. No one knew what was about to come. Their lives and everything they held most deeply, would be lost forever.

Purple smoke clouded through the air, taking over anything in site. People were running, mothers and fathers grabbing their children, holding onto them for dear life.

On the edge of the forest, just a bit further away from all over the smoke and chaos, stood a man. He had a knights uniform on, being one of the Evil Queens guards.

He was pacing up and down, rummaging through the small satchel he held. Once he had found what he needed, the man quickly tore his helmet off, letting out an irritated grunt. "Would you just shut up!"Looking to his left, a young child sat, hysterically crying. She couldn't move. She hadn't any idea where they were, nor where her parents were. Seeing this, the mans mood changed. A sympathetic look, almost. "I'm sorry. Shh, it's okay." Carefully, he moved toward the young infant, holding his hands up, to show her no harm. "I'm not going to hurt you." As he grew closer, her cries never ending, the man crouched to her level. "Here. Drink this." He showed her the bottle he held, her cries slowly fading as she stared up at him. "It'll help. I promise."

Once she had calmed down a bit, the man gently picked her up, handing her the bottle. Not knowing how to react, the little girl slowly took it, beginning to drink it with no hesitation.

He let out a small breath, straightening his back. All he had to do now, was wait.

•••

StoryBrooke -
Present Day

As she stepped out of the car, Brooklyn's expression completely changed. Emma had gotten a call from her father not long ago, saying there was an emergency at the town line. In a matter of seconds, Brooklyn's hair was soaking wet form the rain pouring down on them, her jumper sticking to her skin.

David ran straight into action, once he saw Gold and Belle near the line, his wife following quickly. "Are you okay?"

Emma stayed with her sister at the car, speaking to the ambulance as she watched the scene unfold. "I'm at the town line. Two people down.." the blonde turned, glancing the the unknown car behind them. "Maybe three. There's a car pretty banged up, with..Pennsylvania plates."

The blonde looked at her sister, gesturing toward the injured man, not far from them. The two crossed, neither saying a word as Emma joined her parents, Brooklyn with the almost unconscious man.

"What's going on?" David asked, helping the man up.

"She crossed over the town line, she doesn't remember." Gold frantically explained, the three only giving him a nervous look.

Covering her face, so she could still see, Brooklyn rushed over to the man. Not saying anything, her face changed, pace slowing once she caught sight of his face.

She stood there, shock written all over her face. Holding onto his side, the man kept his eyes focused on her, exhaling with a small grunt. "Hello, love."

She stood, completely dumbfounded. Everything around her stopped, just leaving her, and the all too familiar man.

She took a second to recollect herself, knowing the more she stood staring at him, the sooner someone would notice. Kneeling beside him, Brooklyn gently pressed down on his ribs, him only giving her a pained yell.