I'ts Not Easy Being Green

Brooklyn stared up at the empty wall, her face holding no emotion. It had been days since Neal's unfortunate passing, the girl not having left her bed since then. She couldn't, not with all the guilt that had been eating her alive.

Jackson had brought her safely home after finding her in such a state, explaining to her parents what had happened.

Speaking of, David came up the stairs, giving the girl a sympathised look. Seeing the state she was in broke his heart. There were used tissues scattered around the floor, from her endless tears, trays of untouched food on the side of her bed. The room was pitch black, no light shinning in whatsoever.

"Brooke, sweetheart, I need you to get up. It's almost time to go." David sat on the edge of the bed, gently taking her arm in his hand. Not answering him, the girl stayed still, only moving to cover herself more with the blanket.
David sighed, giving her one last look before getting off the bed. He grabbed the trays of food, before making his way downstairs.

Mary Margaret, Emma and Henry were all sat there, the mother speaking up first. "Any luck?"

David sighed, shaking his head slowly. There was a short silence after that, Emma rolling her eyes as she stormed up to the staircase. "Emma, I tried-"

Before he could finish his sentence, she had already gotten half way up the stairs. The three looked at her, Henry confused at his mother's sudden movement. Still, he didn't say anything.

Emma stormed into the girls room, quickly tearing the blanket off her body. "Get up."

"Go away-"

"No. You have been lying in here for almost a week, it's time to get up." The blonde grabbed her sister's arm, the brunette groaning when she began pulling her off the bed. "I mean it, Brooke. You can't stay in here any longer."

"No." Brooklyn sat up, Emma taking notice to her appearance. Her hair was a complete mess, tagged up in a messy bun, her face bare and red. "I can't." She whispered.

"Enough!" Emma yelled, earning a soft look from her sister. "You do not get to do this. Not now, not ever. You are going to get up and get a shower. And, you are coming to the funeral." Emma pulled the girl off the bed, too infuriated to hear the knock downstairs.

Brooklyn looked at the woman, standing there, emotionless. "How can I go to Neal's funeral, knowing that I'm the reason for his death?"

"I don't care, whether you blame yourself or not. Neal would have wanted you there, so you're going! You don't get to just mope around all day, feeling sorry for yourself. Mary Margaret and David may have been walking on egg shells around you, but not me. I have had enough of your shit. So, you need to get it together, or I will personally drag your ass into that bathroom and wash you myself!" Brooklyn was shocked by the woman's speech, never having seeing her snap so hard before.

Everyone waited, the tension eating them alive when nothing was said after. A few minutes passed before they heard footsteps descending the staircase. They watched as Brooklyn slowly made her way down the stairs, her eyes focused on the ground as she headed straight toward the bathroom.

Emma followed soon after, her parents sending her a grateful smile. She went to say something, soon noticing who it was that joined them. Jackson stood near the door, dressed in his finest blacks, his face slightly nervous. He sent the woman a small smile, Emma following his actions.

Emma gave her parents another look, gesturing Henry to join her. "We'll be at Granny's. Funeral starts in a half hour." With that, the blonde walked out without another word, Henry trailing slowly behind her, sending the three a quick smile.