Rocky Road

Brooklyn stood next to the desk, her boyfriend next to her as they watched the girls parents walk into the office. Since becoming the new mayor of StoryBrooke, Mary Margaret had organised a fireside chat, knowing the rumours of Elsa had began to spread.

"Hi everyone. And, welcome to the very first Mayors fireside chat." She looked out to her friends and people, holding her son closely. "For too long, this office was a place to be feared. And, I want every citizen to feel welcome and included here." She gestured to the paper in her free hand, turning toward the desk. "So, if you could just refer to the meeting agenda I have printed."

Archie raised his hand, speaking quickly to grab the woman's attention. "Uh, what's this about an ice wall?"

"Oh, uh..that's item four, we'll get to that in a minute."

"I vote we skip items one two and three, show of hands!" Almost everyone raised their arms, leaving the woman a bit shocked.

"Oh, no, that's..fine. No, I can..I can be flexible." She smiled at everyone around her. "The ice wall, is nothing to worry about." The woman let her face drop a little, trying to think of what best outcome she could break the news.

"Although, for the time being, it does surround the entire town." Brooklyn spoke, everyone around them growing into a small outburst.

"What?"

"The entire town?" Archie questioned, everyone's attention moving onto the girl.

"Are you serious!?"

Neal began to cry in his mother's arms, the woman quickly rocking him as she tried to diffuse everyone's anger. "Everyone, calm down. The wall isn't hurting anyone."

Brooklyn crossed her arms as Leroy spoke up, again, watching the man. "We've been through this before. I ain't worried about the wall, I'm worried about who made it."

"Item five. Her name is Elsa, she's a friend."

"Is she the one that froze my truck?"

"And, made that Snow Monster, that almost killed Marion?" Granny questioned, her eyes set in the woman.

Marion, herself, looked to the woman, not liking the attention on herself. "I-I'm fine. Really."

"Elsa is completely harmless."

"Tell that to the cut in your head." Leroy sassed, making the girl shut up. Jackson glared at the shorter man, his own arms crossed.

"Ive spoken to Elsa, I promise you, we will have all of this under control, very soon." David spoke, taking a stand by his wife's side. "There will be no more danger of any kind."

Mary Margaret smiled, eventually having calmed down her son. "So, if we could all just circle back around item one. We can all discuss-"

"Marion!" Everyone turned to Robin as he caught his wife from falling. Her body had gone completely limp, her hair turning white a little, face blue.

Jackson quickly rushed to his brother's side, shaking the woman a little, but to no avail.

"Any chance you got an answer to that?" Leroy looked to the couple, his tone sarcastic as he gestured to the now unconscious woman.

Brooklyn sighed, uncrossing her arms. "Alright, everybody out!" The girl moved around as she cleared everybody out of the room, ignoring their protests. Brooklyn pushed Leroy out of the door, just as Jackson carried his sister-in-law over to the couch.

Robin, who was in a state of distress quickly exited, knowing he had to find Regina.

•••