Smash The Mirror Prt . 1

Early evening in the Charming's aloft, Brooklyn sat on the couch, her boyfriend next to her, as she read over her book for beginners. Since that night, Archie had noticed how she had made a huge improvement in her learning. Now, Brooklyn was able to read full sentences from different books. Of course some were still difficult but she was able to get through it.

With her writing, the young girl had improved highly on her handwriting. Only with it being just over a week. He also noticed how her mood had lifted, since that night. Archie watched her every time, whenever he would applaud her good work, a boost of confidence would hit her.

Just as she was reading through her fifth sentence, the door opened to reveal David, Mary Margaret, Hook and Elsa.

"Any luck?" The girl asked, marking her page before setting the book down.

"You'd think a big, yellow driving machine would be easier to find." Elsa spoke. Jackson gave the woman a small nod, taking a hold of the girls hand, when he noticed her expression falter a little. Mary Margaret, who hadn't uttered a single word since she arrived home, joined the two, her arms crossed.

"How was Neal?"

"He's a baby, all he did was sleep."

Jackson gave her a small smile. "I fed him about an hour ago." She sent him a thankful look, listening to the rest of them talk.

Hook placed the bag down on the table, his eyes on Elsa. "Perhaps, she doesn't wanna be found. Since, you know, that's what she bloody told us."

"Well, the good news is, thanks to the ice wall, Emma can't leave town."

"But, the longer she isolates herself, the worse it'll get." Elsa explained, Mary Margaret turning to look at them. "Her magic will just keep spiralling."

"Elsa's right. This was a bad idea coming home. We should still be out there searching."

David gave her a reassuring look, his voice serious. "Hey, this isn't your fault." Tilting her head, she sent him a questioning look. "It isn't. We'll find Emma, but, we've been searching all night. Everyone's exhausted, yourself included, so we refuel. We regroup. Then, we go out and find our daughter. Okay?"

"Kay."

Just as she spoke, the door opened for a second time, Henry walking inside. "You don't have to look anymore." Brooklyn turned to her nephew, her father rushing toward him.

"Henry."

"We thought you were asleep upstairs, we told you to stay here." The woman turned to the couple behind her, her eyebrows raised.

"We didn't hear him leave." Jackson spoke, quickly defending them both.

"I told him he could go." Brooklyn answered, her parents sending her a shocked look. "Oh, he's fourteen, he can handle himself."

The woman went to scold her daughter, only stopping when she heard her husband speak. "What happened?"

"I snuck out, okay? Brooke caught me, and let me leave, I'm sorry. But, I found her." Henry rambled, his grandmother looking hopeful.

"How is she? Is she okay. Is she hurt?" Brooklyn asked, standing behind her mother.

"She's out in the woods. I thought, I could help calm her down, but, when I showed up, it just made things worse." Mary Margaret walked to the boy, noticing his ear bleeding.

"Come with me, I'll clean you up in the bathroom." she pulled him out of the room, closing the door behind them.

David sighed, walking back to the kitchen. "This is bad news. If anyone can calm her down, it's Henry."