The Crocodile

"So, the only way to get your mom and my mom back, is..fairy dust?"

Henry looked up at his aunt, smiling as he nodded. "Yep." Brooklyn only stayed quiet, nodding her head as she turned back to the group.

"Keep swinging, dwarves!" One of the men, Leroy, shouted. He had a clipboard in his hand, watching his brothers and David as they worked. Just as he spoke, David looked back at the two kids, only getting fake smiles in return.

Ruby walked toward the group, holding a basket as she joined the two. She handed each of them a muffin, speaking up as she watched the rest of them. "They find any fairy dust yet?"

"No, not yet. But they will, when they do, we'll figure out a way to get Mary Margaret and my mom back." Brooklyn looked at the food she had been given, a confused look on her face.

"I'll be back later with lunch." Henry gave the woman a nod, taking a bite of his muffin as she walked back out. He watched his aunt, seeing her confused expression.

"It's blueberry. One of Granny's specialties." Taking another bite of his own, Henry looked back at her, smiling widely. "You've never had blueberry before, have you?"

Brooklyn gave him a look, only making the boy laugh. After a second, she sighed, hesitantly taking a bite. She smiled, nodding in satisfaction. Henry gave her a nod of his own, turning back to the group. When she knew he wasn't looking, Brooklyn discreetly spat out her food, her face scrunching.

David walked back up to them, wiping some dust from his hands. "Leroy, if you find anything, I'll be at the Sheriffs Station."

"You takin' over as Sheriff?"

"Stepping in. Till Emma gets back." David shook the man's hand quickly, patting the two on their backs as they quickly headed out. Brooklyn threw the Muffin away, looking up at her father for a moment.

"What's a Sheriff?"

•••

A while later, Brooklyn and David soon returned back home. The girl was perched up on the couch, remote in her hand, her eyes focused on the TV in front of her.

David was in the kitchen, cleaning around when a surprise knock came from outside. Narrowing his eyes, the man slowly made his way up to the door, his face dropping when he saw who it was.

"May I have a word?" The man looked down, noticing the badge clipped onto his belt. "Sheriff?"

"Uh, acting Sheriff. And, I'm already late in another busy day, cleaning up the mess you made." He went to close the door, but was stopped as the man stepped forward.

"My apologies. That was a moment of poor judgement on my part." The man walked inside, revealing himself to the girl, who was still sat down. Brooklyn looked up for a moment, her eyes widening. "And it's not lost on me that I'm now here to ask for your help."

"Well, then it shouldn't be lost on you when I say no." David gestures to the door, standing directly in front of his daughter.

"Hear me out first." The man, Gold, looked behind him, his eyes falling on the young girl. "Ah, I see father and daughter are finally reunited." David gave him a look, not liking the fact he brought up Brooklyn. Gold only sighed, quickly changing the topic. "I'm here to report a missing person." Taking a minute, David reluctantly took the paper from him, opening it to see a drawing of a young woman. "She left my home early this morning. Her name is Belle."

"Back in our land, you mentioned you love someone once. Is-"

"Yes." Gold interrupted, not meeting his eyes.