A Curious Thing

The Enchanted Forest
- Nine Months Ago -
June 2012

"You've gathered the entire Kingdom for this?" Brooklyn sighed, crossing her arms as she watched Regina stare at the couple, shocked. "There's a wicked witch out there, just waiting to pounce. And, pretending otherwise, would be dangerous."

"There's nothing dangerous about rallying our people." David defended.

"In all fairness, Regina has a point. You're announcing you're pregnant, it's not like you invented the wheel." Brooklyn added, her mother about to speak when she noticed an unknown figure joining them.

The person walked up to the group, pulling their hood down quickly. "Belle!"

"Are you okay? When you and Neal disappeared, we feared the worst."

Belle looked between them all, her voice quiet. "We went off to see if we could revive the Dark One."

"What happened?"

"Neal was able to resurrect him. With the cost of his own life." She explained, Brooklyn looking at the woman in shock.

"Rumplestilskin's alive?" She asked, Belle nodding slowly.

"Neals dead?"

"I-I think so." They all looked to the woman, clearly confused, Regina being the first to speak.

"To which?"

"Both. You see, when Runple saw that Neal was dying, he.." she moved her arms around, pulling them closer to her chest, as if gesturing to make her point. "Absorbed him. And, erm..Zelena got a hold of the dagger. Now she controls Runple."

Regina scoffed, looking away from the younger woman, Aurora moving closer to the couple. "Maybe now isn't the time to announce the pregnancy. As Brooke said before, Regina is right. It's too dangerous."

"No. If-if we don't we give into fear, but, if we do we give the kingdom what they need. Hope." Snow told them, looking confident as she spoke.

"We don't even know what this wicked witch wants."

Aurora looked down for a second, her guilt eating her alive. "Actually, we do." She finally told them, her husband not saying a word. Everyone turned to the princess, Brooklyn narrowing her eyes. "She wants your baby."

Snow's eyes grew, staring at her friend, shocked. Phillip slowly joined them, explaining further. "She came to us, when you were gone. Threatened us and our unborn child, unless we told her when you arrived in our land."

The two looked at each other, knowingly, Aurora debating whether to continue with what she knew. "Anything else you'd like to tell us?" Brooklyn questioned, looking at the couple with raised eyebrows.

The woman took a breath in, her eyes on the girl. "She, uh..not only wants your baby, she.." Aurora stopped herself, looking to her husband, unable to hide hear tears, that were begging to fall. "She also wants Brooklyn dead." At her final words, Charming and Snow both looked to their daughter, the woman unable to hide her pained expression. Both her children were somehow in danger, and she couldn't do anything about it.