Lost Girl

TRIGGER WARNING
(Parts of Abuse are mentioned in this chapter)

•••

Neverland
- Three Years Ago -
2009

Brooklyn stood quiet, her eyes focused on the ground beneath her, her body shaking from the immense fear. She didn't move, she couldn't. All she could do, was just stand there and listen to him berate her.

"You had one job. One simple task, and yet..you still manage to fail." In these sort of situations, she knew exactly what to do. She knew not to move, not to talk, and especially, not to correct him. Even if she was right.

Subconsciously, the girl shifted nervously on her feet, only infuriating the boy more. Without warning, he raised his arm, his palm colliding with her cheek. Brooklyns head snapped, her own hand automatically holding the burning cheek. She couldn't process what had just happened, as he had already took a hold of her face, the two finally locking eyes.

He took notice to the small, visible tears that had welled up in that moment, his hand slowly moving up her face. Brooklyn stayed still, her breath hollow. Taking his thumb, the boy gently rubbed it under her eye, wiping away the tears away before they could even fall. "I'm disappointed, Brooklyn." He whispered, his hand falling after a second. "And, you know what happens, when I'm disappointed."

Brooklyn felt her stomach drop, when he took one step closer to her. Still, she didn't say anything. It wasn't like they hadn't been through this before. She knew, every time she would fail, he would punish her.

•••

Neverland 
- Three Years Later -
2012

The group had been walking for about two hours now, Brooklyn was just behind her father and Hook, the Pirate giving them directions as David walking ahead just incase. Although it was nightfall, the girl had become sweaty. Most likely from the endless walking. She had threw her hair up into a high ponytail, a few pieces hanging carelessly in front of her face, her dark locks frizzy.

Hook turned to look back at the four, his eyes staying on the young girl for a second. "The ridge is just a few hundred paces ahead."

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked, holding her lantern up.

"From there, we should be able to we everything." Hook looked back to the blonde. "Including where he's keeping your son."

Regina rolled her eyes, dramatically throwing her arms in the air. "You know, I could have just proofed us up here in an instant."

"Where?" Hook asked, pulling the bag over his shoulder. "Have you any idea what's up here? Or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guid us past them." As he spoke, Brooklyn gave him a small, not so subtle scoff. This caused the man to stare at her, a guilty look appearing. This didn't go unnoticed, however, Regina giving the two a suspicious look.

"He's right. Hooks lived here before, if he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen." Regina only rolled her eyes, again, not sparing the blonde a look as she, David, Hook and Brooklyn continued walking.

David raised his sword, about to cut through a bush of thorns when Brooklyn quickly grabbed his arm. "Stop!" The man turned to look at her, everyone following as they stood silent.

"Brooke, it's okay. I can handle a couple of thorns." She didn't look back at him, her eyes glaring at the plant.

"That's Dreamshade." everyone went quiet for a moment, Regina being the first to break their silence.