Suspicions

"I'm telling you. Tamara is the 'she' August was trying to warn us about."

"Emma!" Mary Margaret turned to her eldest, her voice high as she shushed the blonde woman.

She had just came home from running into the spoken woman, persistent that Tamara was in fact who she said she wasn't.

"What? Don't 'Emma' me."

"Henry is upstairs." She turned, sending her youngest a small smile, rounding the counter. "Look. I know this has been hard for you."

"No." Emma denied, her voice sure. "This isn't about me. This is about August. He does trying to warn us about someone. About a woman. 'She'." Giving her an unsure look, Mary Margaret just sighed, clearly not believing the woman's story. "Tamara has a list of people who live here. What their fairytale names are."

Throwing her hat onto the counter, Brooklyn scoffed. "That's not creepy at all."

Keeping her eyes on their mother, Emma nodded to her sister, slightly. "Doesn't that worry you?" She asked.

The two were quiet for a moment, Mary Margaret trying to think of anything to say that wouldn't hurt the woman's feelings. "There could be a million explanations for what you saw."

"We don't know anything about her, and she lied to me." Brooklyn sighed, taking a seat on one of the stools, knowing her sister wouldn't give in so easily. "When she said I could trust her, she lied."

"But, your 'superpower' has been known to be unreliable, Emma." The woman grabbed her bag, taking her daughters arm. "Especially when your emotional."

With that, she quickly started toward the door, Emma not holding back. "For the last time. I don't have feelings for Neal."

Brooklyn gave the woman a knowing look, her eyebrow raised slightly. Emma scoffed, kicking at the girls leg. "That was over a decade ago. I'm over it."

"Well, that may be." They looked at the girl, watching her turn around to face them, still sat. "But, if you tell Henry that you think his fathers fiancé may be up to something? Then he's gonna think that there's a chance you two are gonna get back together."

"Who made you the child expert?" Emma asked, her voice a little amused at her sisters face.

"You gotta be one, to know one." She joked, Emma holding her own laugh, turning back to the dark haired woman, when she spoke.

"Brooke's right. Just keep it to yourself." Mary Margaret stepped back, keeping her voice low. "Please. Till' you know something more."

With that, she opens the door. The two watched silently as she walked outside. Once the door was closed again, Emma sighed, her hands dug into her pockets, turning to look at the girl.

"I think she forgets I'm actually thirty."

"How many times are you still gonna pull that crap?" Emma asked, moving to stand next to her.

Brooklyn only shrugged, twirling her stood around a little. "Until the day I die." Emma rolled her eyes, though, still not able to get Tamara out of the back of her head.

"So, we're back in business?" Confused, Brooklyn and Emma both turned to see Henry stood behind them, a wide smile on his face, arms crossed. "I heard everything."

"I-I thought you were in the shower?" Narrowing her eyes, Brooklyn looked to the woman.

"He was upstairs." She stated, her head slowly turning to face her nephew. "Right?"

"Exactly. Operation Cobra's back on." Looking to his aunt, Henry smirked. "New added member as a bonus. We're investigating Tamara, right?"

Emma stood quiet for a second, knowing she wasn't thinking straight. But, she also knew that if she believed herself, and didn't do anything to try and stop it, then she wouldn't forgive herself.