Ups And Downs

"I don't know how many times I can apologise." Brooklyn sighed, leaning against the wall, her arms crossed as she looked to the man in front of her. When she didn't answer him, Jackson just scoffed. "Not enough, apparently."

"And, what is that supposed to mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. I am standing here, rambling on for your forgiveness, and what do I get in return? The sound of bloody crickets."

"It is not my fault that you lied to us about Marion-"

"I didn't lie. I just couldn't find the right time to tell you."

Letting out a dry laugh, the girl through her arms in the air, glaring at her boyfriend. "Like that makes any of this better?"

"I'm not saying that!" The two stood in a very awkward silence, Brooklyn averting her gaze to the floor when she saw his angered look. Though, her shoulders were straight and her confidence not once faltering, she couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by the man's look. Noticing this, Jackson let his shoulders fall, his face softening when he moved to grab her hand. "I'm sorry for shouting."

Brooklyn shifted on her feet a little, recrossing her arms again. "It's fin-"

"No, it's not. None of what I have done is fine, and I will never forgive myself for not telling you." After a minute, Brooklyn slowly looked back up at the man, sending him a small smile. "Please, forgive me." He whispered, his expression genuine. Brooklyn gave the man a small sigh, only nodding in response.

Jackson quickly pulled his girlfriend into a hug, pressing a soft kiss in her temple. Just then, the sound of someone shouting came from outside. Narrowing her eyes, Brooklyn quickly moved toward the entrance of the Diner, her parents and Jackson on her tail.

"Is everything okay?" The woman asked, holding her son close as the four stepped out.

"No one's been incinerated yet, so that's a good sign."

Looking to the woman, Mary Margaret asked. "Regina, you alright?"

"W-What is wrong with you people? Why are you talking to her?" Marion gave the group a shocked look, pointing to Regina as she spoke. Just then, Henry and Hook both joined them all, the big standing close to his mother. "Don't you know who she is?"

"Mom, what's going on?" Henry asked, Marion's voice raising as she looked over to the big.

"She's a monster!"

"Hey!" Brooklyn joined her nephew, her hand on his shoulder, her glare set on the woman. Marion quickly picked up her son, not baring to spare the woman another look.

"No, she's.." Emma trailed off her words, watching as Regina quickly walked away from them all. "Regina-" she went to follow her, Hook being the first to stop her.

"No. No good has ever come of pushing that woman. Give her space."

David sighed. "Yeah, but it's what she does in that space, I'm worried about."

"You don't think she'll become evil again?" The group looked at Henry, his face dropping. "She can't. She's come to far."

Emma looked to her son, holding his shoulder as she sent him a warning smile. "I hope you're right, kid."

The group soon dispersed slowly, going back to their night. Mary Margaret and David decided to call it a night, seeing as the mood had been shut down completely.

Just as she was about to leave, Brooklyn turned back to the Diner, her eyes set on the new woman. "Oh, just so you know." It was just the two outside now, Robin having taken Roland back inside, Jackson with them. Her parents and sister were each waiting at their cars, Henry going with his mother. "Talk to my nephew like that again, about his own mother.." Brooklyn smirked, her eyebrows raising. She kept her voice deathly low, a dark tone to it as she spoke. "Regina won't be the only one you should fear. I'll make sure of that."