'Is This Love'

Neverland
- Three Years Ago -
2009

"Just one more." Brooklyn moved her head back slightly when she felt the cool cloth press against her eye, biting down on her lip to somehow ease the pain. She kept her gaze at her feet, her eyes brimming with fresh tears. "There." Felix, who was sat just in front of her threw the cloth next to him, leaning back, looking at the girl.

"I can't do it." Brooklyn whispered, still not meeting the boys eyes. Narrowing his own eyes, Felix pushed himself forward a tiny bit, his arms wrapped around his knees. The two were sat on the beach, the sound of waves crashing echoing behind them. "I'm done."

"Done?"

Taking a minute, the girl inhaled, her breath shaky as she finally met his gaze. "I'm done with all the fighting. A-And the pain..all the suffering." Felix noticed as she spoke, her hand subconsciously touched her wrist, gently holding it over the faded bruise she received only a couple days prior. "I just want to go home."

"This is your home-"

"No, it isn't." Brooklyn spat, her eyes turning red with anger. "It may be your home, but it most definitely is not mine."

Felix swallowed harshly, slowly taking the girls hand in his own. "This will end."

Moving her hand away, the girl wiped away her tears, quickly before standing up. "You said that the last three times."

"And this time, I mean it." He followed behind her, watching as she quickly began gathering her things.

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." Brooklyn began her way back toward the jungle, not sparing the boy a second glance. Felix took not time in running to her, stopping her quickly. "I have to get back."

"Brooke..just wait a second." Becoming frustrated, the girl turned to look at him, pulling her hand back for a second time.

"What?"

"I.." Felix stood, slightly dumbfounded, unsure of what to say. "I..I love you."

"I love you?' Thats all you have to say to me?" The air became more tense around them, Felix quiet, his mind blank. "If you love me, even just a little bit, then answer me this." She stepped closer to the boy, not holding any of her emotions back. "Do you love me enough to leave this island? Leave him, for good?"

Felix was quiet, looking slightly taken aback by her question. He had never thought of leaving this place, since the day he arrived. That was until he met Brooklyn. Of course, he loved her but he didn't know whether it was enough to make him leave his life behind.

He seemed to have zoned out  a little, only snapping back when she called his name. "Felix?" The two were stood, silently staring at one another. "Am I worthy enough for that?" She asked again, subconsciously biting her lower lip.

"Of course. I'm with you until the end."

Felix walked closer to her, reaching his out as he pulled her into his chest. Feeling a sense of relief, the girl followed his actions, nestling her head into his chest, not wanting to ever let this feeling go.