Child Of The Moon

David and Henry both were resided in the kitchen, talking amongst themselves as the man plated up three dishes.

After doing so, he threw the dirty pan back in the sink, making his way over to the staircase. "Brooklyn, come on, it's time to get up!" He shouted, glancing down at his watch for a second. "It's past eleven, I gotta be out in a half hour for work!" There was some shuffling coming from upstairs, he took that as his answer. Sighing, David soon made his way back over to the kitchen, taking a seat next to his grandson. Henry was eating quickly, seeming in a rush. "Woah, slow down there. Don't want to make yourself sick."

"I'm hungry." Henry stated, his mouth full of bacon, already stuffing more in. Just then, the sound of someone walking downstairs caught the man's attention.

David smiled, holding back his laughter at the state of his daughter, seeing she clearly wasn't a morning person. Her long, dark hair was a mess, hanging just past her shoulders. There were slight bags underneath her eyes, indicating the lack of sleep she had last night.

"Morning sleepy head." David greeted, smirking as she slides over to the stool next to him. Brooklyn only gave him a small nod, squinting a little from the sudden light. David laughed, pushing his untouched cup of coffee to her. "Here. It'll help."

She gave him a small thank you, taking the mug quickly. Hesitantly, Brooklyn took a sip, her face scrunching from the horrid taste. "Oh." He swallowed his food, quickly taking the mug, swapping it for a smaller one. "That one's yours." Staring down at the drink, Brooklyn narrowed her eyes. "That one's got milk in it." The man explained.

She only nodded, taking a small sip. Her face scrunched once again, but knew it was better than her fathers.

•••

The three, plus Mother Superior were now back down in the mines, David having gotten an urgent call from one of the Dwarves.

He held up his flashlight, rounding the corner to see Happy stood smiling at them. "Where is he?" David asked. He watched to where the dwarf pointed at, pointing his flashlight through the large hole. Leroy, as well as the rest of the Dwarves we're stood down there, hopeful looks on each of their faces.

"You gotta see this."

The five quickly made their way down, David helping his daughter a little as she struggled with the ladder.

Henry looked around, beaming slightly. "Are those?"

"Diamonds. They're back. The magic brought them back." Mother superior explained, laughing as she spoke.

"You mean, the kind that become fairy dust?" Brooklyn asked, looking around, amazed.

"Indeed. We just, need to refine them, grind them up." The woman turned to David. "Do you still have what remains of Jefferson's hat?" David searched his bag, handing the woman the broken hat. "You will lock this up. Keep it safe. By this time tomorrow, we'll have enough magic dust to make it work again."

"So, Mary Margaret and Emma?"

The woman smiled, David taking his grandsons shoulder. "That's right, kid. We're bringing them home."

•••

"To the dwarfs!" Everyone cheered, hitting their glasses together in triumph. After what Leroy had discovered in the mines, everyone soon made their way over to Granny's for a celebration. It was quiet, seeing as it was almost time to close up.