Reunited

The Enchanted Forest -
Thirty Years Ago
1981

A young woman ran, her red cloak blowing against the wind behind her. Her dark hair long, beautifully styled out of her face. She had a serious look on her face, as she rounded the only fire they had lit in the camp, before entering a large tent.

Four others were stood around a table, a large map displayed in front of them. "We have to move camp. They're coming for us." The woman spoke quietly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping child in the corner.

"No. We will not run." A man dressed smartly ordered, his fist hitting the table out of anger. The woman beside him glanced over to left, a small smile growing as she watched her daughter sleeping peacefully. "We said we were going to take the kingdom back, and we can't do that with our tails between our legs." His eyes fell on the dark haired woman, face falling by the look she gave him. "No offence."

"But matters have worsened. The king has a new general."

"Who is he?" The other woman asked, finally pulling her eyes away from her daughter.

"They call him the Leviathan. They say he attacks like a monster, striking from the depths of the sea. You never see him coming, and you never survive."

"We'll see about that."

"How close is his army?" Just as she spoke, an arrow shit through the roof of the tent, landing just in the centre of the map.

"I'd say pretty close." With that, the man, Charming turned on his heel, quickly picking up his daughter as the five rushed out.

Once they were outside, a group of knights surrounded them on horses. "We should split up. Divide them."

"Exactly. Red, take her. Make sure she's safe." Charming handed the woman his daughter, the young child beginning to stir from all of the noise around them. Red nodded, already running deep into the forest.

Charming ran forward, sword in his hand. "Aren't you coming?" The woman, Snow asked.

"He's after me. You'll have a better chance of escaping on your own."

"But, Brooklyn-"

"She'll be fine. Granny will take good care of her, don't worry. Meet me in two days time, at the cabin."

"The cabin, where she is? Are you sure?"

"We're engaged. And have a child together, I think it's about time you met my mother." She went to speak, but was cut off as Charming kissed her deeply. He pulled away after a few seconds, smiling. "Go. Go."

•••

Storybrooke -
Present Day

"How do you carry that thing around?" Brooklyn looked up at the woman, her eyes narrowed, hand gripping tighter onto her bow.

"You get used to it." She answered, a bluntness to her tone. Ruby gave her an odd expression, though, staying quiet as the two continued their walk. It was the morning. After they had finished with their food, Archie had an appointment scheduled earlier than he thought, but luckily Ruby offered to take the girl in for the night.