Witch Hunt

The Enchanted Forest
- One Year Ago -
2012

Once it was decided, the group began making their way back to Sherwood Forest. Brooklyn was walking just behind her parents, residing next to her mother as the woman spoke to Regina.

"You ready to make camp soon, Regina?" She gave the woman a moment to answer, secretly knowing that wasn't going to happen. "You're thinking about Henry, aren't you?" Snow asked.

"I'm always thinking about Henry." Regina stayed quiet for a second, a thought coming to mind. "But, I was also thinking.." the four began walking once again, Brooklyn pulling her cloak around her as she listened to the woman. "There are tunnels that run under the castle. They may run, beneath the spell."

"Which means we can sneak an army inside." David spoke.

"An army would be detected."

Brooklyn looked at the woman, her eyes narrowed. "So, how do the tunnels help?"

"Because, it can get me inside. And, if I can get inside then I can lower the shield. Then, you can send in your army."

Just as she spoke, a loud, horrifying screeching sound echoed from behind them. David, along with Snow and Jackson readied themselves, the Prince running toward the sudden creature flying at them.

"Incoming!" Neal screamed, throwing himself down as the creature flew over him.

The group were split in half, Robin and Jackson one side with their friends, Regina with the family on the other.

Brooklyn looked over her shoulder, eyes wide when she saw a young child stood in the centre of the groups.

"Papa!" Jackson and Robin both rushed through, the older brother screaming for his son as the creature grew closer.

Without thinking, Brooklyn ran toward the boy, her knees sliding down as she hit the floor and caught the boy.
Holding him close, she felt a sharp pain hit her back shoulder, almost as though something dug itself into it.

Holding the pain aside, Brooklyn placed the child away from the creature, turning to face it as it flew toward her. Unbeknownst to her, Regina was just behind her, neither of them knowing which one the creature was after.

As it grew closer, Brooklyn ran forward, grabbing a large rock closest to her. She swung her arm forward, hitting the creature at its head, causing it to falter slightly. This, however, only made it more furious.

Growing annoyed, Regina quickly stepped forward, looking at the creature with a small smirk. "Not so fast." She raised her hand, using her magic as a small cloud of purple smoke emerged around the creature. They watched as the creature soon disappeared, falling on the ground, now as a stuffed toy.

The woman picked it up, as Robin and Jackson both rushed past her. The younger brother glanced at Brooklyn for a minute, his eyes slightly concerned at the pained look on her face.

Regina walked toward Robin, his son now safely in his arms. "Here, not so scary. Now you have a new toy." They both looked up at her, the young boy smiling, as he took the toy from her grip slowly.

"Thank you." Robin spoke, his eyes diverting between Regina and Brooklyn. "Both of you." Regina smiled, Brooklyn unable to show her gratitude as the pain became more insufferable.